Discuss Working with trav mosaic sheets , any tips in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Use a rapid setting flexible (S1) adhesive. Ensure substrate suitable for weight and primed correctly. Use a thin notch 4-6mm) trowel and bed the mosaic into this.
I always make my mix slightly stiffer when doing this as it sets quicker.
Really shouldn't have any issues with slumping so long as you take your time and bed it all in correctly. Use a grout float to bed them in well until the adhesive just appears in the grout joint from behind. Try a few sheets in height at a time and leave 40 mind in between each row if you are concerned about the slumping issue

Another option would be to use Mosaic Mesh.
A plastic mesh of approximately 2mm which holds mosaics rigidly in position when tiling. Used by both Professional & DIY to make mosaic fixing fast and simple, and to give a fully satisfactory finish.
• Self adhesive, easy to apply, no hassle • Keeps mosaics evenly spaced, no need for a multitude of spacers
• Easy to cut with a knife, no loss of mosaic versatility
• 300mm x 300mm, fits a standard mosaic sheet
• Eliminates mosaic alignment problems making fixing even faster

mosaic-mesh-with-without.jpg

S

Sean SML Tiling

Another option would be to use Mosaic Mesh.
A plastic mesh of approximately 2mm which holds mosaics rigidly in position when tiling. Used by both Professional & DIY to make mosaic fixing fast and simple, and to give a fully satisfactory finish.
• Self adhesive, easy to apply, no hassle • Keeps mosaics evenly spaced, no need for a multitude of spacers
• Easy to cut with a knife, no loss of mosaic versatility
• 300mm x 300mm, fits a standard mosaic sheet
• Eliminates mosaic alignment problems making fixing even faster

View attachment 57880

I used these on a job before lee and it was a first and last. Every mosaic come off the sheet as its very difficult to get a good bond to tje actual tile. All your doing is Bedding the adhesive into a plastic sheet not the tile

S

Stef

I used these on a job before lee and it was a first and last. Every mosaic come off the sheet as its very difficult to get a good bond to tje actual tile. All your doing is Bedding the adhesive into a plastic sheet not the tile

I've used them a couple of times without any bother.
Made sure they had plenty of contact with adhesive though, had to dig out adhesive the next day so I knew they were well stuck.

T

TJ Smiler

Depends on how far out you have to bring your sheets in order to keep it flush with your other tiles.... I normally do the dog tooth (why is it called that?) but cos yours is the shower area it might be difficult so you could try running Homelux matting up the wall, that will bring it out by a few mm and if you use a slightly large notch trowel it will give you an extra couple of mm. And it will waterproof your walls at the same time.

PS; Weber.set spf rapid white is what i would use too.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Working with trav mosaic sheets , any tips in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB