Discuss Worst Bathroom Ever! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Hi guys, hope you are all well;) Been a little while but just been busy (and ill!)

Anyway I was going through some old pics the other day and came across a little bathroom I redid. In fact I did post a little video of it on here before I did it, but thought it was worth showing again because it's still as shocking seeing it again all these years later!!!... Beside I never posted the after pics

Quick background. This was done by a guy the 2 young female owners found via Mybuilder. He had good ratings! I went to see it just weeks after he had finished it. They wanted it re-done because they had already had dybo rod out multiple times to make the loo work.

Keep in mind this was all brand new installed with the room also freshly plastered too.

Anyway feast your eyes!

tf1.jpg

tf2.jpg

tf3.jpg

Yes that really is expanding foam joining the soil below!!!

tf4.jpg

tf5.jpg

tf6.jpg

tf7.jpg

tf8.jpg

tf9.jpg

tf10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Colour Republic

Of course we started again with the whole thing, I even changed the layout by removing a cupboard which was accessed from another room to open it up and so the bath wasn't so stupid to get in to and also move the toilet to a better place.

It's nothing special by any means, in fact I think it's the cheapest bathroom I've ever done. But the girls were broke so a lot of materials were FOC because they were surplus from other jobs. Like most I think people get what they deserve when they get rubbish work done, but these 2 young girls were just inexperienced and had tried to do the right thing, they just got stung, so felt very sorry for them.

They even questioned him half way through the job but he assured them it would look good by the time he'd finished.

oh just one more before pic just to show how stupid the placement of the bath was...
tf11.jpg

Anyway here were the after pics...

tff1.jpg

tff2.jpg

tff3.jpg

tff4.jpg

tff5.jpg

I also put a cheap little kitchen in for them because it got affected when I changed the bathroom layout.

tff6.jpg

C

Colour Republic

I should confess it wasn't all plain sailing!!

I had another tiler in there with '30 years experience', never had a problem type.

He hadn't done any tiling for me before so decided to check up on him.

So in I walk... I'm immediately pee'd off he's laying the tiles portrait instead of landscape like I asked... Hang on a minute... How the bloody hell is he fixing them????:mad:

tfff1.jpg

Needless to say 10 mins later I'd kicked him off the job and removed them.:mad::mad::mad:

tfff2.jpg

tfff3.jpg

C

Colour Republic

Yeah the incident with the tiler wasn't great, made worse that he was the father of my Electrician and long time mate. He had actually done some other work in there for me which was OK, good even. I might have even let him carry on if he would have redone it and fixed them properly, but he just wouldn't budge, kept insisting it was OK and that classic line of "I've done it like that for years and never had a problem". So he had to go and I ended up doing it.

You can see just how little contact he was getting, especially the top rows.

C

Colour Republic

They left feedback which was removed shortly after. They felt so strongly about it they persisted until it was republished, but it took multiple calls and emails, others would have just given up.

I believe they took the guy to court (think an Uncle or something was a lawyer) although I don't now what the outcome was because it was after we'd finished.

Feedback was...

"DO NOT USE THIS MAN. We saved so hard to get our small bathroom done and he has completely ruined it. We are left with a shower that does not work, it only produces cold water, it is placed too far down the bath so you can't even stand underneath it and it makes a loud screeching sound when turned on. The toilet is so badly plumbed that it has already blocked twice and now for the third time when we have not even been flushing toilet paper down it, we have had to use public loos as can't afford to get it unblocked again. It needs to be completely re-done. The toilet will never be able to be used as it is. The finish is appalling, the floor is uneven and some tiles cracked and uneven. We asked for the wall and ceiling to be re-plastered and there are huge lumps everywhere. Nothing is straight and the seals have holes and is already cracking. Our sink only produces cold water and that as a trickle. He caused a huge flood from bad plumbing which badly damaged the two flats below, over £3000 worth of damage. He is now completely uncontactable, despite leaving hundreds of messages via every possible technology. We cannot use our bathroom and cannot afford to have the whole thing done again, which needs to be done. I can't explain how devastated we are, as young first time home owners (studio flat) he has absolutely ripped us off and should be struck off. We are so upset that we are seeking the advice of a family solicitor and are going to seek compensation."

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Worst Bathroom Ever! in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi after some advice . Just finished the shower cubicle , used a Mapei white grout and the grout...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB