• Thread starter Joseph Kover
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 212

Discuss Worst client experiences in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Joseph Kover

Loft conversion, other traders were absolute horror, cowboy quality
Felt sorry for client, helped her on everything explain what need to be fixed and what to watch out for at the remaining work left. Shower cubical one wall mosaic tiles rest travertine tiles.
Mosaic wall had the ceiling part from about meter high. Smothen out edge of the ceiling as its always screwed by plasterer, never in level. I curved off the angle, tiles fitted beautiful. Lovely finish.
Last day, tile depot has the universal all in one tile sealant, used two layers to make sure. Left her the remaining liquid just to be nice. Left the job, sent invoice. 2 hours later phone call. She said I am amateur and won't pay as I didn't use the specific sealant. I hang her up. Called tile depot and gave her number to back me up as its applicable. She didn't answer them. 3 hours later she texted she paid the bill. It was nice way to say thank you for taking care of her problems and do a nice work. Lesson learned

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I was doing a bathroom fit in Ludlow for the old MD of BAL (his new shop, a customer of theirs rather).

Left tools on the job to save fuel. Kept noticing things missing. Went wondering around convinced they were being pinched by customer and found he was doing the en suite exactly the same as the bathroom and copying all the stages we were doing the main bathroom and found half the 'lost' tools in there.

The gaffa peed in his header tank. Lol

S

Spud

Did a job in Essex for a banker ,his wife had ocd , we did an excellent job but she tried to pull absolutely everything apart, it came to ahead when she was looking at the glaze on the tiles saying it was thinner on one side of the tile to other and the chrome trim wasnt shiny enough
I spoke with her husband and said I was sorry but his wife was obviously ill and needed some help ,He paid us without any problems appsrently she had the painter there for 8 months decorating a 4 bed house absolute looney

O

One Day

My van was reversed into by my client. Massive house with an empty car park. Goodness knows how she managed it!
She damaged my number plate but said sorry, put it on my bill. Couple of weeks later i did, put just 25quid on. Got paid but was 125 short. Asked why, she said HER number plate cost 150 as it was a merc slk. She simply didn't think it mattered that she hit my parked van. Absolutely horrible 'woman'. Probably one of the scummiest people I've ever met.

J

Joseph Kover

My van was reversed into by my client. Massive house with an empty car park. Goodness knows how she managed it!
She damaged my number plate but said sorry, put it on my bill. Couple of weeks later i did, put just 25quid on. Got paid but was 125 short. Asked why, she said HER number plate cost 150 as it was a merc slk. She simply didn't think it mattered that she hit my parked van. Absolutely horrible 'woman'. Probably one of the scummiest people I've ever met.
LOL. Mental

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joseph Kover

Did a job in Essex for a banker ,his wife had ocd , we did an excellent job but she tried to pull absolutely everything apart, it came to ahead when she was looking at the glaze on the tiles saying it was thinner on one side of the tile to other and the chrome trim wasnt shiny enough
I spoke with her husband and said I was sorry but his wife was obviously ill and needed some help ,He paid us without any problems appsrently she had the painter there for 8 months decorating a 4 bed house absolute looney
I bet she would not offer a glass of water in 40C in shadow.
It somewhat reminds me for Indian clients in my early years here. During the work i originally applied to do..
-oh sorry for bother can I show you something? I have few hinges in the kitchen to tighten up, also pls reseal the bathroom, showee and sink, fresh up my grout, some plints to adjust, let's move the fridge to the other side and bring in the table from the shed by the way would need to polish up a little etc... Of course free of charge. Oh but that's too much, I don't pay that much...

J

Joseph Kover

Another Indian client in the progress of building a new loft and rip out the entire first floor redone all bedrooms 2 bathroom in total. The contractor recommended me, we work together many times very smooth workmanship never had a problem with any of his guys, spot on team. Client asked for quotation. Sent him the quote (it was more than correct prices I knew he is on "tight" budget. They always are) he message me back as- please reconsider your price and make it competitive -
I replied as - fair enough if you re not happy and advice to look for someone else then.
Next day message - please organise the start with the contractor and please go ahead with the work.
Work starts middle of next week, they didn't even looking for tiles. What to say?

Got someone on the forum I know years now, he told me stories I just crying of laugh. Some people just absolute hilarious out there.

Another "pearl" absolute favourite
Phonecall, lady on the other side says, bathroom floor needs to be done, I just need a rough price no need to come over to take a look, just need to know how much...
(thumbup)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Worst client experiences in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB