Discuss Worst Grout Ever! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I know what you mean , did a job couple weeks back , tiles from topps and bal super flex grey grout already bought , I forgot how gritty this grout was and I carefully sponged in the joints but still dried like a patch work quilt.
Stopped using that grout now.....no matter how carefully you are it's patchy. ...grout 3000 now.....brilliant grout..:)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Probably over washing then, I don't use anything else and haven't had any problems with it looking patch work quilty or whatever.
It's a good grout that holds up in the joints well in my opinion.

Lol , I never over wash , left to set up for 45 mins and a damp sponge for first wash with a joint swipe to remove any loose polymers, left to set for further hour before another damp wipe and buff off , dried dark grey instead of light grey , over wetting lightens grout with polymer residue , it doesn't darken it :)..

I have no issues with my regular grouts and I stopped using bal for above issues yrs ago but seen as bal was purchased before I even quoted , then hey ho not my choice.
The patching wasn't noticed by customer but me being an OCD kinda guy, I noticed it.

S

StevieBoy

Lol , I never over wash , left to set up for 45 mins and a damp sponge for first wash with a joint swipe to remove any loose polymers, left to set for further hour before another damp wipe and buff off , dried dark grey instead of light grey , over wetting lightens grout with polymer residue , it doesn't darken it :)..

I have no issues with my regular grouts and I stopped using bal for above issues yrs ago but seen as bal was purchased before I even quoted , then hey ho not my choice.
The patching wasn't noticed by customer but me being an OCD kinda guy, I noticed it.
Hmm, can't understand that then if you're leaving those sort of times in between.

As I have said, touch wood I haven't had any issues.

Bit of a puzzler

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Worst Grout Ever! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen tiled last week and we're not at all happy with the work. The tiles aren't...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB