Discuss Wot a Mess Up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Job I had on this week.......32m of 600x300 Q rock porcelain.......or so I thought.

Self levelled floor the week before.

Turned up on Tuesday, keys in pocket, customer on holiday in France for 2 weeks, tiles delivered the week before and sitting on a pallet still shrink wrapped right near job. All fine so far. Until I cut open the shrink wrap and lo and behold the tiles were 600x300 polished porcelain.......they had hummed and arrred between polished porc and Q rock, so I assumed they had plumped for Polished Porc.:mad2:

Set out and started..........Tuesday/Wednesday worked bit later than usual, but hey ho. Tiles down by Thursday, so started de-waxing, which wasn't so bad. Sealed with Fila and had all Friday to grout.

Turned up Friday and started grouting. Mid morning had a text from customer in France, asking how I was getting on.

I texted back saying " all ok here, so you went with the polished Porcelain then" With that.............the Word Removed hit the fan, and he phoned me straight away. Turns out that they SHOULD have been Q Rock.

He got these tiles via Topps Tiles on-line............and they delivered the wrong ones :mad2:
He had them delivered, and he signed for them, but did'nt open them to check.

His wife was adamant that she didn't want glossy, so the lot had to come up. Got him to arrange a skip to be delivered.......and they came up with not much problem as the addy wasn't cured.

So now I have to bill him for the week and let him fight it out with Topps..............He will have to get another tiler as I am chock a blok with work for the next couple of months.

Rant/moan over............nice little diamond hallway to do this week. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Ouch!! I would have loved to see your face when that happened, bet you said one or two naughty words. At least your getting paid :thumbsup:

:yikes::lol: Didn't know weather to laugh or cry.............just shock my head in disbelieve

Have to wait until the customer comes back from his holiday Friday, as to who is defo to blame, but its not me.

Last edited:
M

Mike

:yikes::lol: Didn't know weather to laugh or cry.............just shock my head in disbelieve

Have to wait until the customer comes back from his holiday Friday, as to who is defo to blame, but its not me.
i'd say it's the customer as he's signed for them . topps will have changed them no doubt but not now as they've been laid. the small print on the delivery note will probably cover their backsides

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wot a Mess Up in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

CJ

Arms
TF
Somerset

Thread Information

Title
Wot a Mess Up
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.