UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Would you recommend a change of career into tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rigg750

Hi everyone and thanks for listening to my first post. I joined this group a while back so that i could pick up tips on laying travertine and I found much useful info here and went ahead and was very pleased with the result. I am now in a period of forced retirement (at the ripe old age of 54) thanks to cut banks at 'the Worlds local Bank' and am renovating our recently acquired bungalow and once again laying new tiles. This prompted me to wonder if I should consider tiling as a new career and if so what training/qualifications I would need to put a future new business on a sound footing? Your collective thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
NVQ is the tiling qualification these days but as said for domestic work it's not a requirement. It's tough going for most trades still. Richard Branson reckons we have another couple of years before we start to come out of this one. It's a satisfying trade though when a job is completed, you're one of the finishing trades so you physically see the change from start to finish which can't be said for all trades.

As with anything practise is key.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Would you recommend a change of career into tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
C
Hi guys, another newbie here looking for help and advice I've worked in the City for almost 20...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
Hi all, I am looking for some advice, I have an outside area that required tiling, it was...
Replies
Views
C
Hi there, I am new to this forum... And was just after some advise. ( I know this topic has...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.