Discuss Wunda board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

I think @3_fall is up to speed on this as he is most things but your primary problem is the adhesive reacting with the foil and creating gas which in turns makes your adhesive like an aero bar so you need to make sure you isolate your adhesive from the foil . I would suggest you get a written method statement from your adhesive supplier of choice and then come back to us

O

Old Mod

As Jerry says above, you need a method statement, to make sure you’re covered.
I’m sure you’ll find tho that Mapei recommenced Kerabond T & Isolastic
Ultra also have a spec for it.
[automerge]1573905856[/automerge]
Priming is the most important part, as mentioned.
Personally tho, it’s not something I would touch with that spec.
there is a 6mm board supplied by WundaTrade I think, to overboard it, but, and get this, their spec is to loose lay it. 🙈
I’d want it mechanically fixed before I covered it.
Combination of cement and aluminium can create hydrogen gas, Aluminium powder is added to cement grout in industrial situation to heavy machinery platforms.
They sit the equipment on the slab with holes for the legs, they then fill with cement grout and aluminium dust, this makes the cement expand and firmly fix the legs in the slab.
A byproduct of this process is hydrogen gas.
This as far as I can tell, weakens the bond.
Those are the pitfalls from my pint of view, Mapei and Ultra are the only two companies I’m aware of that’ll spec these systems

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

It's the glue holding the foil boards to the board which is the main area of failure I've been told by a nationwide ufh store.
Why would anyone consider using these went there is far better products out there
I just think companies invent these products and then dream up a spec without testing properly .
Then the finger gets pointed at the installer.

It's the glue holding the foil boards to the board which is the main area of failure I've been told by a nationwide ufh store.
Why would anyone consider using these went there is far better products out there
HI Julian, I would be interested to know who you would consider a better option for a low profile retro fit. There are so many companies out there its difficult to know which ones are good - Wunda look a reasonable price but tiling straight onto the boards makes me a little nervous./

Thanks for any help on this.
Ashley

D

Dumbo

HI Julian, I would be interested to know who you would consider a better option for a low profile retro fit. There are so many companies out there its difficult to know which ones are good - Wunda look a reasonable price but tiling straight onto the boards makes me a little nervous./

Thanks for any help on this.
Ashley
I have no experience in this but Maybe you should consider design and longevity before price .
Your project us going to be expensive anyway . Maybe spending a bit more on a system you feel happy with is the way to go after all doing it twice is really expensive

B

Bill

I am tiling one at the moment. It hasn't been an easy ride but the builder has told me to go ahead and tile it with my preferred choice of materials.

Basically I have primed it thoroughly, added a flexible slc then put a crack mat on and then tiled.

So far so good and all appears very well stuck.

I still have a few doubts but using quality products eases my mind.

If it does debond then in theory the floor should still be ok due to the crack mat acting as a floating membrane.

I will post some photos when i get home tonight.

I have no experience in this but Maybe you should consider design and longevity before price .
Your project us going to be expensive anyway . Maybe spending a bit more on a system you feel happy with is the way to go after all doing it twice is really expensive

Ideally i want a low profile system as its a retro fit and i don't want to add much height to the existing concrete floor. I'm not fussed paying more for a better product but as there are so many on the market I'm not sure which is best. Wunda seem to have goo market reviews and NuFlow are more expensive but paying more doesn't always equate to better.
[automerge]1574350919[/automerge]
I am tiling one at the moment. It hasn't been an easy ride but the builder has told me to go ahead and tile it with my preferred choice of materials.

Basically I have primed it thoroughly, added a flexible slc then put a crack mat on and then tiled.

So far so good and all appears very well stuck.

I still have a few doubts but using quality products eases my mind.

If it does debond then in theory the floor should still be ok due to the crack mat acting as a floating membrane.

I will post some photos when i get home tonight.
Okay great to know - i think i was going to put a crack mat on it too - although the instructions just say tile straight on. You will have to let me know how it goes. Yeah i hear you have to be thorough with the priming as the aluminium can react and create bubbles.

J

J Sid

Present job, 110m2 of reto ufh
IMG_20191121_122408.jpg IMG-20191121-WA0021.jpeg
Or

Also come in 18mm

There is plenty of companies which sell these sort of boards. Above are two.

They are easy to fit.

Hope this is of help

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wunda board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have ordered the Wunda Rapid Response underfloor heating for my kitchen. We were going...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I will soon be installing the Wunda EPS 400 UFH boards in my own kitchen, approx 50m2...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I’m in Hampton SW London and have a floor problem. Wunda UFH water heating was installed...
Replies
Views
First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB