UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Yellow Pages disaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Holohana

Just before Christmas i confirmed and sent all required paperwork back to my Yellow Pages rep to repeat my advertisement from the previous edition.

Now around 50% of my work is commercial and 50% domestic. Out of that domestic work id say 30% comes from the Yellow Pages and of the remaining 20% some check to see I’m in there to make sure I’m cosher etc. That was also part of the sales pitch from Yellow Pages as well!

Imagine my surprise, annoyance, disappointment, upset and now deep deep worry when the new edition arrives and I’m not in it! :mad2:

I’ve called my rep and she confirms all the paperwork was received and correct and as far as she is concerned my advertisement was all set up to be repeated in this edition.

In addition I have confirmation from her that when I emailed in early February to re confirm everything and confirm what dates the Direct Debit payments are taken etc that all was in order.

Now work is hard enough at the moment and after being suitably depressed by the Yellow pages fiasco I worked out that from jobs fallen through or that have been nicked by plumbers/kitchen fitters or just "gone away" I’ve lost just under £4k’s income in Jan & Feb alone. Ouch!

I know most on here don’t use Yellow Pages but I do, well did, and have a good return on it to be honest. I also use Yell.com, right at the bottom of the page mind, and I track where ALL my jobs come from and in the main it’s THE BOOK!

Now I’ve only been going two years and still waiting for that stream of referrals that comes with being a time served tiler so Yellow Pages is a big big source for me.

Apart from now hitting the streets with flyers/business cards, calling at tile shops to leave cards, although I have very good relations ships in the main ones of the 16 tile shops where I live. Speaking to builders I’ve done work for in the past and kitchen/bathroom showrooms etc what else would you guys/gals suggest?

With regards the Yellow Pages I’m really not sure what will happen here.

I hoping as a minimum they will offer to upgrade my Yell.com presence although this isn’t where my work comes from.

My rep also mentioned compensation, I let her bring it up 1st. :wink_smile:

I would expect at a minimum an amount to cover my potential loss of earnings based on past earnings whilst advertising with them (2 years) which I can prove as I keep detailed records and in addition potential lost future earnings as my company was expected to grow but now cant as I’ve lost a presence.

My rep has raised a complaint on my behalf which should be replied to in 10 days.

I’ve asked her to confirm to me in writing that all my details were in order and that all paperwork was received in good time and all correctly signed and filled in etc and therefore I should have be included in the 2008 edition.

Ill keep you posted on the outcome as it goes along but in the meantime if you lot could come up with any suggestions to aid my marketing please let me know and in addition if there are any legal minded members out there could I be expecting any other form of compensation.

In the US I’m sure I could be getting compo for my emotional breakdown and stress and other such ailments couldn’t I?

Kind regards to one and all and sorry for the long post.

I’ve Nowt else to do as I’ve already tiled my own bathroom this year and the kitchen don’t need doing as I did that 2 year ago!!!!!

R

Raja

Am very sorry to hear that mate i am in the sheffield edition and doncaster, barnsley, and rotherham edition and have been in for a number of years now never had a problem like that but was always at back of mind.

If it makes any concellation i put in 2 of the biggest half page adverts in both books and not much repsonse so far believe it was distributed this month. I wud be very peed off if it was me really wud.

Ps if you cover doncaster or barnsley can get my partner to put all work ur way from them sides as we rarely cover them. Let me know Once again very sad news. All the best

G

Grace'sDad

They'll try and wiggle out of it with a naff offer (discount next time etc.)

If you can prove your job rates have been adversely affected (from the records you keep it sounds like you can) then I would really push for some compensation.

I don't think for a minute you'll get a payout but let's face it; it wouldn't cost then much to give you a premium advertising package FOC now would it?!

Stick to your guns, put everything in writing (not email or phone) and get proof of receipt on all letters.

Take it from me - I'm a professional complainer aswell as tiler - it can be done, but it's not easy!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Yellow Pages disaster in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Yellow Pages disaster
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.