Discuss York stone flags in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

London Stone

Hello Sean

I've got a lot of experience of cleaning Yorkstone flags. Few Questions:

1. Whats the finish if the stone? Sawn, New riven or reclaimed?
2. What sort of dirt are you trying to remove?

If its just general dirt, then you should be able to clean with a jetwash as Nybor said. If its algae you can use lithofin algex or lithofin outdoor cleaner. If its cement stains you can use lithofin builders clean which is acid based, so take care and follow the instructions to the letter.

Steve

M

MARBLE_TONY

Descent Rotary Machine no more than 200RPM and wet vac pre wet the stone apply High Alkaline Cleaner agitate allow to dwell 10-15min or so agitate then vac up. Anything more stubborn as above do a acid test to see if it is acid sensitive just in case you or the owner has mis-identified the stone before acid wash. Problem with jet washers is that they can cause problems the smaller jet washers Karcher and alike is that it will take you to long. The larger ones have the problem that they do not get into every single part of the stone even using a lance but if you do go down the larger jet washer then watch the pressure. The rotary and chemical combination will be a lot more affective.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to York stone flags in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi guys. I have been in the process of a jobs for a while. consists of a few rooms of tiling and...
Replies
Views
Been to look at a floor today its made up of york stone flags, so it doesn't have a dpm. TBH I...
Replies
Views
B
Hello All, First time posting but hoping the wealth of experience on here will be able to point...
Replies
Views
barrica
B
C
Hi All I am toying with the idea of getting a bunch of tilers together and then approaching a...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
J
i am quoting to do a job where the following spec has been proposed over an existing rough...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB