Discuss Your favourite job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bubblecraft

Mine is much the same as Neale's. Was a full rip out back to brick, re-sheeting, tiling, electrics, plumbing etc. Was for a lovely couple. They picked the tiles & suite and said you do whatever you think looks nice. Only thing they didn't want from the quote was a towel warmer & they wanted to keep a ledge around the bath for a glass of wine. Job went really smooth with no hiccups. Got 2 crates of beer & a bunch of flowers for the Mrs when I finished & the customer had a tear in her eye with happiness & said it was better than she could have ever dreamed. Was in the middle of the summer so weather was great too. Here it is.

Before:
5uhy5y4y.jpg
naba9use.jpg
5ydu4u5y.jpg
unyje5uz.jpg
zytuse2y.jpg
9yjajere.jpg

After:
qu2a6e4a.jpg
tybu8ame.jpg
qatyhasa.jpg
e3yjeden.jpg
uhe2yvap.jpg
4yhasade.jpg
8e3usudu.jpg
hy8a2e6a.jpg
9ehydajy.jpg
upymasyb.jpg
gypa8a6y.jpg
evytajum.jpg
ygygu6yb.jpg
uberynuz.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
mine was probably my annual pilgrimage up to Glen Lyon, not a spectacular job, but I just love going up there and being in middle of nowhere with even more stunning scenery and wildlife than I see at home in lake district. Back up there in a couple of weeks to do a manse vestibule area, only 15m2 but why the hell not:smilewinkgrin:

You don't want to run out of addy there Doug :lol:

J

jonnyc

tell us more about it jonny, tell us more!
Well I hope I can but rainsco tell us about the job you are most proud of this year.
iam going to stick my head up over the parapet here but I think the standard of your work this year has been amazing. It is consistently of the highest quality and I personally would vote you as the best tiler of the year.
I think we will find in the uk that what you have been doing this year in Germany will become the new in uk.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I have had so many nice jobs, it is hard to choose. But the one I am on atm has got to be the best for several reasons.

1, They are really nice people.

2, They have done their research.

3, I was contacted via TF, so I am grateful once again to TF.

4, Rob (the customer) is a perfectionist, and just wants the job to be spot on.

5, His prep work is far better than so many so called "builders" I have followed, even though he is not in the trade.

6, I have been allowed to make suggestions, that have been taken on board, nice change.

7, Even though I could not give a fixed price due to the complexity of the prep work etc, I have tried to give a fair days work, and be fair they have not put any pressure on me to rush the job, even though I have other jobs pending I would not cut corners.

8, These customers are few and far between imo, so that is my reason for nominating this job as my best for a long while.:thumbsup:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
I have had so many nice jobs, it is hard to choose. But the one I am on atm has got to be the best for several reasons.

5, His prep work is far better than so many so called "builders" I have followed, even though he is not in the trade.

6, I have been allowed to make suggestions, that have been taken on board, nice change.

7, Even though I could not give a fixed price due to the complexity of the prep work etc, I have tried to give a fair days work, and be fair they have not put any pressure on me to rush the job, even though I have other jobs pending I would not cut corners.

8, These customers are few and far between imo, so that is my reason for nominating this job as my best for a long while.:thumbsup:

look forward to seeing some pics Phil:thumbsup:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds

It's good to hear that customers listen to experience, I like that Phil :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Your favourite job in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB