UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss your thoughts please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pro-spec

Hi guys just found this great forum, been plastering and tiling over 10 years and plan on doing it for many more.

Anyhow, has anyone else come across this? the customer wanted me to cut a square hole in the plasterboard to form a shelf and use the back of the plasterboard of the otherside of the stud wall to form the back of the shelf, I obviously pointed out this would reduce sound barrier but i have to admit i do think its a neat idea and looks quite good.

Has anyone else done this before or thinks they may in future? can anyone think of any reasons this isn't a good idea apart from the sound issue? (i used 3bi2 around the sides to keep strengh in the wall, i built the wall using mf50 metal) out.
studs) pros2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to your thoughts please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Are there any BS standards covering this please I have recently had 3 sides of a shower tiled...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.