Discuss Your thoughts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good afternoon all. Just been sent this from a family friend who is not overly happy with what the tiler has done to her walls. This layout was done off of the tilers back without consulting her.
The tilers initial comments were that he did it this way as it impacts on the border. I looked at it and can only see what looks like an error in the tiling.
I've been tiling for about 3 years now and have never or have ever been asked to lay the wall out this way.
Are you all of the sane opinion as me or can you see why he would have done it this way.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 133

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Oh dammit that's a shame cos it looks smart otherwise.
Yeah, if it had to be done, it would be easier to replace / remove top half than bottom half?
Either would be better than left. Usually a lot more cutting on bottom half so perhaps quicker to do the top. Not always I guess.

Looks dodgy that does.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
How about taking off the border and replacing it with tiles the same length as the field tile. Obviously he would have to continue with the bond.

or buy the same tile in a different colour and cut them down (height wise).

Shame, because it does look like a good job otherwise.

J

Just Rizzle

It's easier to work up overs than towards the border and keeping spacing spot on to meet border.
just saying I would take out lower tiles there might be twice as many tiles above as below there may be a cost issue as some one has to pay for it For me personally id replace lower than higher tiles even If it means taking out all the pottery ie sink and toilet

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
just saying I would take out lower tiles there might be twice as many tiles above as below there may be a cost issue as some one has to pay for it For me personally id replace lower than higher tiles even If it means taking out all the pottery ie sink and toilet

I can only offer advice , the same as you to which way I think will help , then the OP takes each bit of advice and proceeds with the way they think suits them .

Thank you for your input .

Reply to Your thoughts in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to correct some work performed by my tiler. I have sent photos to him of the...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello friends. I am looking for a bit of advice, you would be so kind. I have been a long...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB