Search the forum,

Discuss Ardex Adhesives Training Day Feedback Thread in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

I recently attended a large format tile training day run by Ardex, at their Haverhill trading centre. The day was very well organised and run by Andrea King & Vince Ruffini of Ardex, with support from Rubi - rail and cutting system. It was also a good opportunity to see and try some of the alternative products that Ardex supply.
I, like a few others I suspect, have shied away from large format jobs due to extra expense, 2-3 man job to handle, tools to cut and fit these large tiles, plus potential to snap / break these large, expensive pieces.
Like most things in this trade, practice relieved some of the nervousness around tackling large tile fitting. I would still be apprehensive about cutting socket and switch holes into a large sheet, but the day did show that it’s nothing to really fear....just make sure you add in enough in your estimate to potentially replace a snapped tile or two 😜!!.
So, overall, a great learning day, well run by Ardex and Rubi, with some good surprises around products. Thanks to everyone who helped out on this training day and to the other attendees who were all willing to participate and offer help & advice. (The lunch and drinks were very good and plenty of it !)
Q : Why do fixers generally avoid these free training days ?, are you scared of losing a days money ?!!. The amount of freebies you walk away with at the end of these days should more than cover your costs.

Reply to Ardex Adhesives Training Day Feedback Thread in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays