Search the forum,

Discuss negative feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich83

I just read a post from guy wanting to shadow a tiler,and in return would offer free labour.I am fully aware initially he would be useless.but the reply he got was why would someone teach you the ropes and then have more competition for work.I'm pretty sure the guy didn't say he wanted to be self employed,he may of hoped for a job out of it.I just thought the comments where unhelpful.I mean everyone needs a leg up don't they.some people are loyal and honest,granted there are alot off tools around but still...I'm in a similar boat to him, I'm wanting to do as many hours with a tiler for free, as I can around a part time evening job.and i probably would do so for at least 3 months.and I most certainly do not want to be self employed. Have any of you guys took someone on and had a good experience.looking for a glimmer of hope here people.

T

The D

ok.
interesting.
what is your take on this
If they sick to the qualification and follow the assessment process there is no problem but there is quite often a problem and it is the trade that suffers and the integrity of the qual is diminished with every person that that has a level 2 but is not capable.

R

rich83

If they sick to the qualification and follow the assessment process there is no problem but there is quite often a problem and it is the trade that suffers and the integrity of the qual is diminished with every person that that has a level 2 but is not capable.

I agree,although I did learn certain aspects.the college didn't allow us to use wet cutters,angle grinders,and their was a lack of supplies.there's so much that can't be taught such as uf heating,working with material other than ceramic, installing ply,insulation,sealing,loads more.

Reaction score
I agree,although I did learn certain aspects.the college didn't allow us to use wet cutters,angle grinders,and their was a lack of supplies.there's so much that can't be taught such as uf heating,working with material other than ceramic, installing ply,insulation,sealing,loads more.

Can I ask slightly off topic, how did they teach angle cuts I,e 90odegree cuts etc?

R

rich83

Didn't ...the thing is there's a lot of people that do these short courses and some college,but in truth it seems you just need to get stuck in,although I'm not going to attempt self employment because I'm not comftorble in possibly letting a customer down,far better to do you're dues as a trainee.

Reply to negative feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen