Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Standards in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jackie0802

Here are a couple more pictures of different areas. Would like opinions on depth of grout too, this problem wasn't immediately that obvious, bearing in mind that this is a new house build and therefore a bit of a building site still when the floor was laid. The problem soon became apparent when the floor was washed for the first time and we realised the mop didn't reach the grout, and putting more water on meant it collected and sat in the grout line Lippage 3.jpg

J

Jackie0802

Yes the tile on the left is much higher, and this was a new floor so there are no issues with levels. If there was an issue with tile sizes it has never been mentioned at any time, and since the tiler has given multiple reasons for the condition of the floor I think this would have been first on the list. I realise now that I need to get some overall shots of the floor, I thought I had some but the three or four I thought I had turned out to have a dirty great doberman hogging the camera! (not so hot on the long shots then?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tiling Standards in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays