Discuss Bathroom Fitter/Tiler needed Southport area in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

j8yba

Area : Southport, Merseyside. Postcode : PR9 ---
We are about to start knocking our bathroom about and knock through to the toilet to make one larger bathroom/shower toilet.

We have a joiner on stand-by but at present are still looking for a plumber so anyone with both experience/qualification would be an advantage.

The width of the room is approx 2.7m by 3.0m and we would like it tiled floor to ceiling all round, ceiling to be plastered with spots in, but including a 'walk in shower' (with full glass screen) and this also to be fully tiled floor (ie no shower tray), not so much a wet room but ideas on this appreciated.

There are two windows, one being 100cm x 132cm big, the other smaller window we were thinking of blocking it up with glass blocks, so advice on this please.

We haven't picked the tiles as yet but like the rectangle type (600x300?) and would probably want some mosaics around the bath.

Quotes just for labour for now would be appreciated either before or after site visit.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
We wouldn't advise anybody quoting before seeing the job. And we wouldn't advice you accept a quote from anybody willing to quote before seeing the job either! WINGGGGEERRRRR ALLLEEERT lol - Avoid those.

Sounds like the shower might take a bit of work. What's the floor that's down? Floorboards or plywood? I'm guessing?

J

j8yba

We wouldn't advise anybody quoting before seeing the job. And we wouldn't advice you accept a quote from anybody willing to quote before seeing the job either! WINGGGGEERRRRR ALLLEEERT lol - Avoid those.

Sounds like the shower might take a bit of work. What's the floor that's down? Floorboards or plywood? I'm guessing?

Hi Dan, yes floorboards at present. The shower would be fitted into an internal brick wall one on the long side, external wall with window on right side and studded wall in the left side, approximately 1700x800 partitioned off with a 3 piece glass door type partition/wall.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi Dan, yes floorboards at present. The shower would be fitted into an internal brick wall one on the long side, external wall with window on right side and studded wall in the left side, approximately 1700x800 partitioned off with a 3 piece glass door type partition/wall.

Yeah make sure you get 2 or 3 tilers around, quotes off them all, listen to them and their product suggestions and whatnot. Get a gauge from there.

Don't worry if they need to size it up, go away, get some prices, then provide you with the estimate/quote.

A few who do it all the time might be able to quote that there and then mind. So don't be put off by that if that happens.

:)

I hope we end up helping. We have some awesome tilers on here.
I can't think of a tiler in that specific area off the top of my head.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Bathroom Fitter/Tiler needed Southport area in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views
D
Hello. I need my shower room floor tiling. Because it's a small room, no one is interested :( So...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
N
Hi, I need a tiler to install some large format floor to ceiling tiles. They are 1m x 3m is...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
Bathroom Fitter/Tiler needed Southport area Looks like an alright job perhaps? Who do we have...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for tilers for a large site in brentford, nice straight forward new build work, fully...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB