Search the forum,

Discuss Diamond Training Group (Now Closed) in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

D

Danny@ Diamond

Hi all,

Diamond Training Group has not gone anywhere!

The website is currently offline due to the main server crashing yesterday evening, but I have been assured by our marketing department that it will be back online very shortly and that the team are just waiting for the server to update.

If anything the company is actually getting bigger! With 4 new centres opening around the UK by early 2011.

If the site going down has caused any inconvenience the please accept our apologies, but as with all modern technology it does sometimes go wrong ha ha :mad2:

All the best :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Hi all,

Diamond Training Group has not gone anywhere!

The website is currently offline due to the main server crashing yesterday evening, but I have been assured by our marketing department that it will be back online very shortly and that the team are just waiting for the server to update.

If anything the company is actually getting bigger! With 4 new centres opening around the UK by early 2011.

If the site going down has caused any inconvenience the please accept our apologies, but as with all modern technology it does sometimes go wrong ha ha :mad2:

I thought this may be the case...mind you its how rumours start :mad2:

D

DHTiling

Rumour - general talk or hearsay of doubtful accuracy.
As this is from an unregistered guest and aimed at a SPONSOR of Tilers Forum - I'am surprised that this thread has not been deleted as to the damage it could cause to an established business.

It is posts like this which help squash other rumours.. and as stated by Danny from Diamond training they are stronger than ever..

D

Danny@ Diamond

The thread was taken down by Dave who then sent me a PM to alert me to the possible rumour, Dave then suggested it was reinstated so that i could respond and squash any rumours and prevent it from going any further.

It is a delicate time at the moment for all businesses, you only have to look at the colapse of Conaught to see that, but as I have said Diamond Training Group are in an excellent position and the 4 new centres will be opened by early 2011, and there are many more plans in the pipeline to see Diamond enter new training areas covering not only trade training but also many other industries, so watch this space.

B

Bathpool

Anyone know what has happened to Diamond Training Group in Ford? I turned up for week 6 of my NVQ course this morning to find the place locked up, no staff and all the fixtures & fittings removed from inside.
The guy in the unit next door said a van turned up on Saturday and cleared it out!

I am now back home and it looks like I am out of pocket and unable to complete the course. :mad2: I have had no contact from anyone at Diamond to explain what is going on.
I can only assume they have gone under and will have to chase for any refund as a creditor.

D

Deleted member 9966

I've just rang their head office and phone is ringing out.

I'm also looking on their website too and it says they were opening 4 other training centres this year. Does anybody know if this happened? Usually when a company goes for a big expansion, they usually end up falling flat on their face. Seen too many businesses round here try it.

Sorry to hear of your experience Bathpool. I've never had it happen to me. But I would agree that you should at least enter yourself on the list of creditors that they owe.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'm still yet to confirm anything and can't get hold of anybody.

Trying Construction Training Services now that are connected to Diamond in some way. Though CTS used to be Step-to-Training and they too folded some time ago and just setup under CTS at a later date. I have contact details for CTS here but Phil Sykes hasn't retuned my call yet. Can't get hold of Danny on his mobile either.

D

diamondtiling

I turned up for training today (1st november 2010) to find that there was no one there and doors were locked.
Think its safe to say diamond training group are shut.
I have tried phoning there office but cant get through.
Not amused, avoid beware...

Two messages from an unregistered guest, the first and the last post, can you register to give your claim a little more credence please.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Danny has responded and has confirmed that the company has gone into liquidation Friday and that any course delegates will be contacted by the Official Receivers in due course. He did say he tried everything he could do to protect the company and continue trading and it is with regret that he had to wrap up the company.

He thanked all DTG customers and the forum members for supporting the company for many years.

And it's with regret that I pass on the news as I saw Diamond grow from not much to something quite reputable, and Danny's own previous company Essex Tiling Training too for that matter.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Once a company is in receivership the previous directors are not allowed to contact any customers or suppliers, as the official receiver becomes the directors for the time it takes to deal with creditors and the likes. And before it's in receivership, while you're trying to work out where to go, it's not wise to announce problems as you'd become a Northern Rock type affair that sort of forces the company to never recover.

So in some sense I can understand the way companies end up being wrapped up.

Though I do agree that it's a shame for all those who are left in the lurch in the weeks leading upto the day it's decided the business needs to cease trading.

What a bl**dy shame.....:thumbsdown:

Never nice to hear this happening and I am 100% sure Danny will have given everything he had to try and save the company.

Not great news for the trainees left in the lurch I know:mad2:Can they not continue their courses from the same stage they were up to at another Training Centre?

Take your time Danny and pick yourself back up:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Diamond Training Group (Now Closed) in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement