Search the forum,

Discuss Diamond Training Group (Now Closed) in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

C

charliejamesuk

Wish I had found this thread sooner. I've just got back from a 4 hour round trip down to Diamond to be sat outside like a idiot with another guy for about an hour and a half! Alarm bells should have rang with me a couple of weeks ago when they cancelled a previous weekend due to personal reasons.

I can't believe they haven't the decency to call people to tell them not to bother making the trip or at least have something up on the front door explaining the situation. A message on their answer machine or website would also be nice and not too much to ask for!

Luckily the course was paid on my credit card so I will be straight onto them first thing Monday. What a complete waste of time.

Now all I need to do is find a suitable replacement training centre. Nearest one is Able Skills....

Last edited by a moderator:
R

robbo18

Wish I had found this thread sooner. I've just got back from a 4 hour round trip down to Diamond to be sat outside like a pr*t with another guy for about an hour and a half! Alarm bells should have rang with me a couple of weeks ago when they cancelled a previous weekend due to personal reasons.

I can't believe they haven't the decency to call people to tell them not to bother making the trip or at least have something up on the front door explaining the situation. A message on their answer machine or website would also be nice and not too much to ask for!

Luckily the course was paid on my credit card so I will be straight onto them first thing Monday. What a complete waste of time.

Now all I need to do is find a suitable replacement training centre. Nearest one is Able Skills....

Well i am that guy who was waiting too, it was suppose to be my first day of training, i have paid £600 but it was with my debit card, any advice would be much appriciated. I was there 2 weeks before for 1 day and they took my money after that, they must have known they were in trouble then, as far as i'm concerned they have robbed me and i would like to get hold of this Dan or anyone else involed in the company, thier just a bunch of thieves.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well i am that guy who was waiting too, it was suppose to be my first day of training, i have paid £600 but it was with my debit card, any advice would be much appriciated. I was there 2 weeks before for 1 day and they took my money after that, they must have known they were in trouble then, as far as i'm concerned they have robbed me and i would like to get hold of this Dan or anyone else involed in the company, thier just a bunch of thieves.

Have you heard off the official receivers or anything?

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh

hope you do get a hold of them mate

C

charliejamesuk

Hey Rob,

What a bunch of idiots we looked on Saturday. I called Companies House and The Insolvency Service yesterday, both currently have no record of a wind up order for Diamond. This isn't unusual and can take some time to come through.

Shame you paid on Debit Card as with a Credit Card you're covered under Section 75 of some act.

I'm now booked on Able Skills starting this weekend. I had a look yesterday and there were a few other guys who got caught out by Diamond.

Good luck with it.

Cheers
Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi Bickers
If you are doing it for a career change then have you not though about traveling up north as many do to us at NETT, www.learntotile.co.uk, we have set upabsolutly hundreds and hundreds of businesses and also have hundreds of members on here that are running successfull businesses in tiling, their is a lot of possitive feedback( the most on here from any other centre) on here about us so you can be gaurenteed a top course, we have put a discount offer on to help out with travel / accomodation costs, we train people as you will see from the feedback from all corners of the UK, on the course you will get full start up advice as well, keeping accounts, pricing, measuring, all background info, how to maximise your earnings from tiling plus learning the trade in the fastest possible way. My name is Darren and i own and deliver the tiling training course at our place.
Any questions just let me know or give Tracey a ring on 0191 4274529
Cheers

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
No problem
We have trained people from all over the UK for about 6 years now so we are well established, we are really easy to get to, fly easy jet straight into newcastle and then 1 tube ride from the airport terminal down to the b and bs and the training centre or train straight into newcastle central then 1 tube ride from inside the train station down to the training centre and the B and Bs, all the b and bs on our site are within walking distance of the training centre. I personally do the training so i can gaurentee you will not be dissapointed with what knowledge and standard you leave with. I have been self employed now for over 20 years which i try and pass on so you have the benefits of my experience.
People fail to see how important the business side of tiling is, you could be the best tiler in the world technically but if you dont know how to market yourself, or sell yourself and your services to your customers or even understand your customers ways, you aint gonna make any money, we teach you how to be successfull in all of these aspects as well as the actual tiling training, After leaving our courses you should know exactly the right direction to head in
If you need any advice at all, Tracey or myself would be happy to give it to you
Regards
Darren

Reply to Diamond Training Group (Now Closed) in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement