Search the forum,

Discuss North East Tiling Training Feedback Thread (Now UK Pro Tiling Training) in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbob

There's a section on how to run a business/drum up work, accounts & tax, different tools, different types of adhesive and when to use them, types of tile. Can't recall any section on hardiebacker etc. - just about types and thicknesses of ply and when to use them. Rest is practical work. (I may have missed some out but its been a few weeks!)

If you have any specific questions ask him when you're there. :thumbsup:

J

jimbob

Cheers jimbob :thumbsup: And how are you getting on now with your new career? have you started up on your own, are you getting abit of work?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Plenty of work on - but it's all at my own house! I'm one of the minority that did it for DIY purposes rather than starting up a new career. Darren at NETT is confident that everyone is ready to start up on your own after his course though, so I'm sure you'll be fine :thumbsup:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi Rissy
Dont worry, everything is covered on the course from the practical to the backgrounds, you will get my personal home email as well just in case you need to ask anything after youve left the course, youll be fine, see you when you get down, didnt think my jokes were too bad, its Dereks jokes on the plastering that you have to watch out for :smilewinkgrin:
Regards
Darren

G

Gas Meter

Hi

i thought i should leave some feed back regarding north east tiling in tyne and wear as i think credit is due

Darren and Tracey run a pretty sleek operation there and are friendly and helpful. the after service in second to none - you can alway ring up and ask a question. they can't provide you with experience that has to be earned but they will give you all the knowledge you could need its just up to you to listen, take note and ask questions to get the best out of it. it is a brilliant service with a good tutor (Mick) - its intensive, no standing around but thats what you want if you are paying, and it is a resonable price too. i done the 2 week course - worth it.

I fully recommend them
Peter

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi Gary, good to here from you after all this time, we still sell tools packages, is there anything you need specifically, the tilers are making big bucks out there at the moment, prices are high and work is in demand, can you come back to me on my email [email protected] as its a bit easier than through the forums.Regards
Darren

Hello tilers,

I have just joined the forum, but I’ve been having a snoop for the last 6 months or so admiring the work and expert advice wondering if I could try my hand at it some day!

Pleased so say I’ll be attending the UK Pro Tiling Training Centre at the start of next month to do the 13 day course (is anyone else going around the same time?) which will hopefully set me on my journey to becoming a tiler one day.

Just wanted to say hello. I’m from the South East Wales region if there’s anyone about.

Cheers
Adam

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi Adam,

Welcome to the forum. Tiling is a brilliant trade. Finishing trades rock IMO. Electricians might earn shed loads more (like, super loads more). But who needs a second home in Monaco when you can see the work you've done at the end of the week and admire it, rather than it being plastered over and painted (or tiled?) so nobody ever sees it again. :D lol

I'm jesting, they don't earn that much, or so they keep telling me from their Yachts.

UK Pro Tiling Training are spot on mate and been around ages. Darren (@UKTT Darren) must be a good 87 or so now?

*runs and hides

Hopefully things will start getting back to normal now and people will realise their DIY bathrooms they've just attempted are actually all falling apart with the steam as they bathe in their Next-Day Delivered Prime-Priced Stick-on Tile Stickers and Chinese "Waterproof" carpet and their new "Rain" showerhead actually rains through to their Kitchens also not just in their showertrays lol

Plenty of work coming our way soon I promise you.

eddcottee

Arms
Ipswich
Hi Jack,

I did the 5 day course a couple of years ago now and it was awesome! Really gave me a great understanding of the foundations and the confidence to go away and start taking on small jobs, gradually then over time learning more and taking on more challenging tasks.

The learning didn't stop after the course and I spent many hours trawling through this forum and just reading replied from experienced people about what to use in which situation etc. I still do that now and am constantly learning and (hopefully) improving my own skills.

There is great money to be earned if you put the time and effort into it. Or if like me you just want the freedom to earn a crust, working for yourself and maybe having some more free time to enjoy life a bit more, then it can allow for that too.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Edd

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi All, its isn't an on line course we are doing now, its a full practical train from home tiling course, there are 45 tiling lessons where you are instructed to watch the close up demonstrations of how to tile professionally then you replicate what was shown yourself, the same as the training centre, This gives you the added benefit of not travelling, taking time off work, you can re watch the demos as many times as you like and recap any lesson if your stuck on a job. Covers all the background preparations and all the leading industry products, where to use them on what kind of tiles
So many benefits over attending the training centre.
Its the same program as our 13 day ultimate tiling course for half the price
Regards
Darren
UK Pro Tiling Training

Reactions: Lou
Hello guys I'm new here I have a question

So someone I know is doing a course with ukprotiling and he is a complete beginner but apparently one guy at ukprotiling told him that he can do a 13 day course they offer and that could lead to him passing his OSAT assessment and gaining his blue card in wall and floor tiling

I have seen the website and it looks more like it teaches you tiling to start a business not gain your blue card?

I don't think he got scammed because it seems like he has learnt alot but maybe he wasn't told the truth

Can he really pass his OSAT assessment just from this one 13 day course. I mean is it really that good of a course that it teaches everything

Also the site says it's nvq level 2 and 3 standard teaching in 13 days. How can that be possible to teach 2 years worth of college in 13 days?

Ps im not posting this because I think it might be a scam I genuinely want to know because I may have too check it out myself

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi Darren here from UK Pro Tiling Training, we have been teaching tiling for the last 16 years to over 8000 people and are regarded in the tiling industry as one of the best, so definitely not a scam, a lot of great tilers on this forum have trained with us, we make no representation to the course giving you an NVQ qualification or a CSCS card, yes it can lead to an assessment if you want one but all courses can lead to the assessment as you need to learn how and what to do to take the assessment which would be done by an independent NVQ assessor,
Our advanced tiling course is centred around the correct way to tile, deal with background preparations and product knowledge and we teach people how to start a new career in tiling at a NVQ level 3 standard of learning and run a tiling business with all the skills and knowledge required, it is fast track course and gives you the foundations on knowledge to do tiling work when running your business,
Once you are confident and practiced your tiling skills and think you are ready to be assessed for your cscs card and NVQ, then you will contact the assessor yourself. Just like a driving lesson, the driving tutor just shows you how to drive properly he doesn't give you a driving licence, you then apply for your test when the time is right for you to get your licence as everyone is different and learns at different paces
If you are tiling domestically then there is no need for the css or NVQ qualification, it is only relevant for site work, most of my students start off in the domestic areas
Regards
Darren

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Latest testimonial at UK Pro Tiling Training from one of our students

Dave

“I was looking for a career change and uk pro tiling training seemed to have the best reputation for people going self employed after the course. I done the 9 days In the training centre and was blown away with how fast your tiling skills develop and the level of tiling education is off the charts. Darren clearly has years of teaching ability and confidence and was able to get everything over in an easy to understand way. I now have set up my business after the course and the help from the private members group is invaluable, the guys in there give you the confidence and support from their own experience after leaving Darrens course, I have no hesitation in recommending to learn to tile here, Dave”

Reactions: Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to North East Tiling Training Feedback Thread (Now UK Pro Tiling Training) in the Tiling Course Feedback area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement