Discuss No grout in shower?????!!? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Skinszo

Hi guys,

need some advice please,

i have a wall to tile in a shower area but the tiles the lady wants to use are a mosaic that are all different levels and lengths.
my issue is that the tile are so close together on the sheet that its impossible to put any grout between them.

im obviously planning to tank the wall behind but wonder if there was a certain adhesive I should use to help keep the water out.

Thanks

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Skinszo, welcome to TF

DO NOT put these tiles in a wet area.

Fine to tank the shower area but you need a tile that you can grout. Water will just pass through the very narrow joints.

You can always refer her back to where she got the tiles from and they WILL/SHOULD recommend that this type of tile should not be used in a wet area

Always use a cement based adhesive in a wet area.

I

Ian

8eqehy3u.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to No grout in shower?????!!? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB