Search the forum,

Discuss rubi tx max in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

went to a rubi tool demo at local tile shop, had a go on the new rubi tx max, i was blown away with how easy it cut "hard to cut" tiles that the shop owner supplied, he was well impressed, he tiles their displays,
so after 30 years of using only sigma i've ordered the tx 1020 max rubi were giving extra discount £ 470.00ish
anybody else got one? what do you think?

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Glasgow
Biggest problem I have with rubi , is how expensive they are, that’s the only reason I’ve not bought one

My local Topps loaned me the older TX1200 as they couldn't source the 3E4M for me in time for a job, they said they have had it sat there and can't shift it and I can see why. It retails even at trade just under £900, the sigma being just over £600. I know Topps ain't the cheapest but that's some difference! And having used it I'd have never paid that for it. They also weren't the cheapest for the sigma but they offered an extra 20% off and £75 in store credit on their trade night so that sweetened the deal. The Rubi is now back in their store room where I can only imagine it will sit and gather dust at that price.

O

One Day

gw2yd.jpg

D

Dumbo

My local Topps loaned me the older TX1200 as they couldn't source the 3E4M for me in time for a job, they said they have had it sat there and can't shift it and I can see why. It retails even at trade just under £900, the sigma being just over £600. I know Topps ain't the cheapest but that's some difference! And having used it I'd have never paid that for it. They also weren't the cheapest for the sigma but they offered an extra 20% off and £75 in store credit on their trade night so that sweetened the deal. The Rubi is now back in their store room where I can only imagine it will sit and gather dust at that price.
Pro tiler tools are selling tx n 1200 at £718 ,
Don't understand why tradesmen go to topps.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Glasgow
Pro tiler tools are selling tx n 1200 at £718 ,
Don't understand why tradesmen go to topps.

They also have the 3E4M at £533, so still a massive difference in price! I was just backing up the point of how expensive they are to the main competitor, not the cheapest place to buy them and wasn't joining in any Sigma V Rubi debate as i don't care what cutter that anyone else uses but money talks!

I do agree with your point with Topps, that's why i only bought it with the extra discounts they offered, was cheaper than anywhere else plus £75 towards materials i can cash in on

Last edited:

Reply to rubi tx max in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more.