UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Speed up screed drying time! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Received this email the other day :

Introducing FlexiDry Floor Screeds

FlexiDry - a floor screed additive that dramatically reduces drying times. Why wait 110 days for your floor screed to dry when you can choose 3, 7, 14 or 21 days?
Used successfully in thousands of projects throughout Europe, FlexiDry is a low concentrated liquid additive that is simply added to a cementitious screed mix on site. Depending on the concentration added, FlexiDry transforms screed drying times with a choice of 3, 7, 14 or 21 days.
In addition to reduced drying times, FlexiDry benefits include the ability to accept foot traffic after 12 hours of laying; improved compressive strength; and a reduced carbon footprint. Due to its high density and easy compaction FlexiDry is the perfect partner for underfloor heating systems.
mime.php

mime.php

As a company, FlexiDry Global Ltd is committed to ensuring construction professionals in the UK are well placed to take full advantage of this significant advance in screed technology. A quality assured product, a growing portfolio of certified contractors and full technical support are among the ways we are making FlexiDry easy to specify and use. Further information on FlexiDry Floor Screeds can be obtained direct from NBS using their RIBA Product Selector.

Find out more about how FlexiDry can keep your project on programme at minimal cost, visit www.flexidry.com now for comprehensive details on the product that is transforming site procedures in the UK and speeding up build times. View our new Installation and FAQ Videos in our Expert Centre
Specify FlexiDry for your next project with complete assurance.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
As with all screeds the issue is that the screed drying time is only fast if the screed is kept dry. I can understand the benefit of laying a screed and then being able to tile on it after 7 days or what ever the time scale is but this is only useful if the tiles are actually laid after that time. In most contracts the screed is laid weeks if not months before the tiles and so have time not only to dry but also to get wet again. There are a whole rake of fast drying screeds available - this appears to be the latest to jump on that particular wagon.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Speed up screed drying time! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
M
hi all I’m hoping for some technical advice on screeds and commissioning wet underfloor...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.