Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

amazing what a splash of colour can do.:thumbsup:

Not too keen on the range styling in that kitchen and sadly i know why they put the sockets so low to fit in the tiles but they may have trouble using them with an appliances with moulded plugs
i like the range but youre right maybe about the sockets i think. I made a **** up in my own house by having the scokets not high enough above the stone skirting adn when i tried to put plug in it wouldnt go all the way.

J

jonnyc

Outside table tops

had some slabs left over from job and mucked around with dewalt router, cut slots in stone slab top and with air chisel let in the mosaics flush.
soon realised the time it took to do the work plus material was not going to make this viable business wise.
Only got offered £ 50.00 on ebay and was not going to part with them for that.
still sitting against my garage wall five years later

Attachments

• paris tiles last 028.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 94
  • paris tiles last 023.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 90
  • paris tiles last 027.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 90
  • paris tiles last 196.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 93
C

Colour Republic

i like the range but youre right maybe about the sockets i think. I made a **** up in my own house by having the scokets not high enough above the stone skirting adn when i tried to put plug in it wouldnt go all the way.

I didn't mean I dislike the range itself, just in a modern kitchen I would have spec'd a more contempoary one.

something from maybe AEG rather Rangemaster.

or_f676f183121810454521389.jpg

As for your 'messing about' mosaics :drool5: Stick some stone legs on it and suddenly I bet you'd get 10 times+ as much sold as a coffee table

J

jonnyc

I didn't mean I dislike the range itself, just in a modern kitchen I would have spec'd a more contempoary one.

something from maybe AEG rather Rangemaster.

or_f676f183121810454521389.jpg

As for your 'messing about' mosaics :drool5: Stick some stone legs on it and suddenly I bet you'd get 10 times+ as much sold as a coffee table
#
well i was not giving enough info i guess .
i could put these tops on legs as as i have a mate who works in a blacksmiths.
but i went up the new kings road and saw loads of mexican mosaic tables selling for great prices when you think what is involved. the difference to me was that my table tops had an original edge not just masked by metal.

R

rainsco

renovation of a munich apartment in the 5. level. i used a 6,5cm wedi fundo plano and schlüter becotec with standard screed. tileformat 120x60
because of the small place to work i just use my dry cutter and a grinder. i drilled the holes wet on the small balkony. rendered the walls flat to the tiles. i like rendering.

120black00.jpg 120black01.jpg 120black02.jpg 120black03.jpg 120black04.jpg 120black05.jpg 120black06.jpg 120black07.jpg

project i have done today. the new TECE pusher for the toilet is not easy to cut out. i like the position of the window in the tiling gate.

90x45-dusche-000.jpg 90x45-dusche-001.jpg 90x45-dusche-002.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tilers Forum - Show us your work thread

UPDATE!!! 17/6/2013 - We now have a whole new forum for this, instead of just a thread.
Here is the forum:
http://www.tilersforums.com/wall-floor-tilers-work/

A follow on from: http://www.tilersforums.com/threads...ow-us-your-work-thread-tilers-pictures.37000/

The old thread was over 100 pages long and posted 2 years ago. It was getting hard to browse and wasn't the most up to date. So I thought it was about time we started a fresh one ready for 2013.

Same rules as when Dave made the original. So this isn't just about your tiling work, any work you've done will do. But you have to have pictures in your posts!!!! No point otherwise. If you want to discuss a job, please feel free to use the 'quote' feature to keep conversations flowing and followable. Though feel free to but-in at any time with more pictures and a fresh job, which is the main point of the thread.

I thought it was about time we had a thread dedicated to all members of Tilers forums.co.uk to show us any work that they do.

Be it from installing a kitchen to garden decking.

If you have done a job then please do share it with us.

Pics are a MUST as what is the point of sharing a job without them..:smilewinkgrin:.

So if you do a job and you take a few pics then please do share it with us.

Lets make it a big thread for all to view and input in.

Last edited:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tilers Forum - Show us your work thread - New Thread - Follow the link

A new 'Tilers Forum - Show us your work thread'

http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/64188-tilers-forum-show-us-your-work.html

This thread is now 2 nearly 3 years old, and is over 100 pages long. Please use the new thread to upload pictures and jobs to. Remember, doesn't have to be just tiling work, any work at all. Must have pictures though!

http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/64188-tilers-forum-show-us-your-work.html

I'll not close this thread, just keep it for discussion etc. Though please make sure you use the new thread for new jobs.

R

rainsco

there is a plug socket on the left wall you don´t see at the pictures. the two holes can be for the mirror light and maby a radio. but i don´t know.

J

jonnyc

ok i will kick off this new thread following on from old one with a job about ten years ago or more now.
it was a dream tiling job in a way, as my employer was a very successfull engineer and entrepreneur.

the job was started by david platt (footballer) when he had set up a building company but they went under on the job and my client took over the whole project himself as he was then semi retired .He looked after all the subcontractors in place .
he set out to do a basement pool utilising the new and genuine old reclaimed stone from france supplied by paris ceramics ,kings road london.
I was recommended by paris ceramics so i did a measure for all materials and we ordered everything we needed for copings,stone grilles oversized and to be cut and finished on site.

Attachments

• Beaconsfield 2.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 407
  • Beaconsfield 1.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 345
  • Beaconsfield 5.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Beaconsfield 6.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 337
  • Beaconsfield 3.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 299
J

jonnyc

sorry i posted the first part because i was worried about losing content.
the stone that we used for copings/grilles and field stone behind was french burgundy.
copings were 30mm thick. grilles sections 50mm thick and field tiles 600 x 600 x 20mm
there were genuine antique bourgogne mosaics set in 1.00 sq mts panels in diamond shape around walkway not shown but same mosaic used on waterfall end . we set pebbles at bottom of waterfall before running in to drain.
the stone grilles we designed with the client and simply routed out four sections per piece.
the grille sections we wrapped in celaphane on a sand cement bed on a ledge . when this had gone off we could remove and stone sat snug and moulded to sub base .with 50mm thickness this was unlikely to break and has worked to this day.

J

jonnyc

the corners of pool had an inverted quarter circle which also presented a problem, only because the client wanted to see the same margin of water line around perimeter of pool on semi submerged pool coping.

taking in to consideration that we had to have fall back in to pool anyway the only way was to fix this sections high and then we ground the corner areas down afterwards to get an even line to pool water line .
you cannot see very well the genuine antique jerusalem random reclaimed stone on pool shower walls and feature walls .
we also used antique grey barr for radiused steps to dining area and jacuzzi. to get a good finish we used a needle gun.
area at bottom of waterfall end was random mixture of stones boned to darin without mitres.
all corner pad stones were ground down after fixing as i had an obsession at the time about mitres on corner of copings that i though unsightly.
i now takea slighgtly diffrent view at times as it is so hard to grind and hone stone on site to match finish from factory.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen