Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Houston

TF
Arms
Reaction score
More pics of tumbled stone, 157.jpg 163.jpg 164.jpg 166.jpg 167.jpg 169.jpg 171.jpg 171.jpg 172.jpg 173.jpg 175.jpg 182.jpg 185.jpg 198.jpg

Attachments

• 158.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 198
J

jonnyc

unusual pattern. dont think i have ever seen offset done like that before.
nothing wrong with it .looks good

R

rainsco

finished my solnhofner platten kitchen and entrance today. i like the contrast from the black shiny kitchen front. so the toilet gets black nero assoluto optik tiles i think that fits great to the entrance.

solnhofner-b01.jpg

solnhofner-b02.jpg

solnhofner-b03.jpg

solnhofner-b04.jpg

now i start the bathroom planing of this house. customers want a stone like basaltina. grey in concrete optik. i searcht in internet and fund irish carlow stone. anybody know prices or has expierence with this stone? there is only one impoteur in germany and they ignore my inquiry until yet.
i need big massiv peaces of it too.

J

jonnyc

Good looking floor rainsco.
How much does that solnhofner cost which was in herribone pattern in photo per sq mt.itbused to be very good value for money.
I have fixed Irish blue limestone which I think was from Carlow one time over in s.ireland.
I will make a couple of calls to someone I know tomorrow row.
What size format,finish and quantity are you looking at

Reaction score
travertine wet-room i recently did a few b4 pics. 433.jpg 434.jpg 436.jpg 445.jpg 446.jpg
during pics
363.jpg 381.jpg 383.jpg 388.jpg 393.jpg 413.jpg 414.jpg 416.jpg

and after
419.jpg 430.jpg 431.jpg IMG_7278.jpg IMG_7280.jpg IMG_7282.jpg 371.jpg 410.jpg 409.jpg

i'm a plumber by trade but would be interested for any constructive criticism you stone fixers have to offer.
cheers all... Richard

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Nice work Richard! Did you re board all the walls?my only criticism is I would have centered the window,and not overkeen on tile trim with travertine!
Apart from that it looks good mate!!
;)

Reaction score
i know what you mean with the window and it is the first thing you see walking in the room. but if you look at the tiling in the wetroom everything was centered from there i felt using the offcut to carry round the wall would get away from all the tiles in the corners being different shades of travertine. you can't see inside the recess but that was all 1 tile. maybe a oak window cill might of helped. but do agree with you about tile trim's customer wanted them. here's a picture of me not using trims IMG_7391.jpg

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i know what you mean with the window and it is the first thing you see walking in the room. but if you look at the tiling in the wetroom everything was centered from there i felt using the offcut to carry round the wall would get away from all the tiles in the corners being different shades of travertine. you can't see inside the recess but that was all 1 tile. maybe a oak window cill might of helped. but do agree with you about tile trim's customer wanted them. here's a picture of me not using trims View attachment 48231

As you say Richard it's only a picture to me.can't see what's goin on in the rest of the room.. Nice job mate it's credit to ya... ;)

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen