Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

J

J Sid

WP_20160521_11_55_09_Rich.jpg anyone having a #AndyDay on Monday and fancy pointing this mornings job I will be happy ;)

F

Flintstone

I've had a customer tell me last week she's thinking of having those in a kitchen. Massive curved semi circle window almost to the ceiling and about 12ft wide. Having not used them before it sounds fun! Did you just grout gun the joints then smooth with a pointing tool that brick layers use ?

J

J Sid

yes that's the method, pointing gun into joint and clean of with a trowel, will have to leave fairly flush as slips are only 20mm at best.
had to us rapid set adhesive, customer supplied TM slow set which I could use. Had to mix thick to hold the weight and adjust as they set, would of been all night with slow set.
fixed hardie board to the wall, glued ans screw, as it was paint plaster.

I

Italy

yes that's the method, pointing gun into joint and clean of with a trowel, will have to leave fairly flush as slips are only 20mm at best.
had to us rapid set adhesive, customer supplied TM slow set which I could use. Had to mix thick to hold the weight and adjust as they set, would of been all night with slow set.
fixed hardie board to the wall, glued ans screw, as it was paint plaster.
I saw an error. say in PM. haha

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen