Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

In between stage, the upside down side sage of the reverse method - this is a charity piece for the Esther Benjamin trust, the faces being just 20cm x20cm to be surrounded my a small mosaic surround afterwards. All mosaic artists taking part were given two tempered glass eyes, mine were entitled buddha eyes to work with, and I opted to use them in two young people's faces instead, like "seeing through Buddha's eyes".

The edges on the right side up side are smoothed with the dremel. This is an experiment in both style and material, with stone and marble offcuts kindly passed on to me by Musivarius. I have NO idea how he could manage such thin slivers (3 - 4mm) of travertine, which at that thickness is almost like chalk, very different to work with than glass. Enjoying it though, first time ever I haven't cut myself! Bonus!

I think there is marble, brick, travertine, limestone(?) correct me if I'm wrong there, Lawrence.. oh, the hair and the eyes are glass.

I am intending to use Mapei Translucent epoxy adhesive and grout.

faces photo.jpg

Reaction score
Gisela,

It should be just Trav and marble, I don't think there was any limestone but I'm not totally 100% sure. I must admit your box did become a bit of a collection point for anything above 20mm square that I couldn't find a use for!
(on cutting thickness, in an idle moment I wondered if I could set a mosaic on my moby and I managed to cut some of that composite stone, Starlight/starbright/whatever, into 2mm thickness, not too bad a result considering I was using a bridge saw).

PS those shelves are nice, produce them in a kit form and I reckon you could shift a few.

Last edited:
U

user123

No I'm not sure either, I have a stone sculpture friend I skype with and showed him some samples while I was working, and he had a quick scan of it, but it's a GREAT box, whatever all the bits are. Thanks, Lawrence :)

G

Gall.B

Really nice work above Josh and MG, really like those shelves too, Musivarius is right bet you could shift a few of them :thumbsup:

M

MTiler

This week Ive been doing a Victorian tiling course. I enjoyed it but the measuring up, setting out, working out how many of each piece is needed etc. did my head in to say the least lol. I decided to keep all the corners the same and loose any mm at the centre.
victorian course 15.jpg victorian course 21.jpg victorian course 16.jpg

cheers
MissyT

Q

Qwerty

Lovely floor Miss T :thumbsup: Hat off to you, it would do my head in as well. Very interested in doing a course though

M

MTiler

Lovely floor Miss T :thumbsup: Hat off to you, it would do my head in as well. Very interested in doing a course though

I'd been asked a couple of times If I do them but let the jobs go as I didnt want to wing it and knew it was something you had to learn properly to do or it would be a total disaster. I got to set out a couple of floors and it was alot easier the second time lol.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen