Discuss 12mm ply or 6mm aqua board for bathroom floor. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

Hi Grumps,

Its 1.5mt2,and it seems to be pretty solid.
Are the backer boards dead flat?
as sometimes when I buy a big sheet of 8x4 ply,there tends to be a bit of warping?

Cheers.
Vin.:thumbsup:
For that size floor Vin a would def go with the Hardie. The sheets are not "dead" flat but that is the reason they are glued and screwed. Have just used them in my hallway over chipboard and laid 600x300 porcs. Only real deviation from flat is when you have to scrim tape the joints but in your case you will prob only have 1 joint and your addy bed will take care of the difference.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 12mm ply or 6mm aqua board for bathroom floor. in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi, Would you use Durabase matting over Hardie 6mm floor? Im not 100% happy with the ply floor...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB