Discuss 1st Anhydrite screed ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Superb, thanks Alan.
I shall carry on to use the matting with porce and Ceramics though :)

Ive no issues using the uncoupling it's just the standard only says about it with stone. Obviously it will do no harm as long as you get the right money for it.

Ive no issues using the uncoupling it's just the standard only says about it with stone. Obviously it will do no harm as long as you get the right money for it.

Your better off with it, for the price of matting any screed the customer is better off I the long run.

A

A&D Tilers

Just remember that it always comes back to you the tiler, as a professional you will always be held responsible for checks before and after, a "it's not my fault gov I wasn't told"
we always get the builder or project owner to sign the floor over to us with the correct moisture reading and any prep work done prior to tiling, then we will do our own moisture, scrape sand and prime & finally tile.

Aspect Tiling

TF
Arms
you are the floor layer, not the "lafarge chap" whichever that may be and not the client. The lafarge Chap is possibly an expert in the supply of liquid screed (or possibly not). He is most definitely not going to be an expert in tiling and sub floor preparation. Now then... If the floor fails and you have not prepared it in the manner recommended not only by your adhesive supplier, but by your entire trade association, and the tiling fails for what ever reason, be it prep, moisture, adhesive failure or whatever, do you really think the "Lafarge chap" will stand side by side with you to defend the failure. If you get the adhesive rep on site and he says "did you sand the screed" do you think he is going to stand by your side when you tell him no. I would be unable to offer you a defence were you to go ahead without preparing the screed in the correct manner. If it fails it will end up costing you and your reputation and you won't see the Lafarge chap for dust...

The "Lafarge chap is wrong, plain and simple. ALL SCREEDS AND CONCRETEs SHOULD BE MECHANICALLY ABRADED PRIOR TO THE APPLICATION OF BONDED FLOOR COVERINGS INCLUDING, TILES, VINYLS, WOOD FLOORS, RESINS AND LEVELLING COMPOUNDS. This requirement is set out in the tiling associations guide to tiling to anhydrite screeds

If you go ahead and ignore the sensible advice given by your own trade body and your adhesive supplier then, whilst I mean no offence, you deserve all the pain it creates for you... Sorry but there it is.

I have no intention of proceeding without properly preparing the floor and riding off into the sunset. Apologies if it came across that way, I merely stated the facts about the job in order to gain some clear advice and confirmation. For the sake of the cost of hiring sander I'll definitely be going down the correct route even if the customer feels it unnecessary. I'll let you know how it goes once completed.

Pete

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 1st Anhydrite screed ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Need some help please with calculating levels and the build up of the floor to support tiling...
Replies
Views
Hi i'm self building my own barn conversion and have a anhydrite screed and underfloor heating...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB