UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss 1st Job pics after 2 weeks NETT Course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

george1319

Here's some pics from my first tiling job after I completed my 2 weeks course at NETT(UK Trades). Stripped everything back to stud partitions and re-sheeted with water resistand gyproc.
This was primed with BAL SBR primer and the shower walls were tanked using BAL Waterproofing kit.
Used cement bagged adhesive with 8mm trowel and then used BAL ivory grout.
I had never tiled in my life before my course and it is the in-laws bathroom and was a 'thank you' job to give me some practice...I even managed a 3 way mitre
Would like to hear the feedback from you more experienced tilers on here if you would have done anything different....setting out,materials used etc.

Attachments

• 511.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 513.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 512.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 514.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 556.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 557.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 558.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 119
  • 559.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 560.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 112
  • 562.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 564.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 565.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 566.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 568.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 114
M

Mike

Looks like you did well..

Electric showers are fine,at least you have washing facilities if the boiler breaks down.. :)..thermostatic showers are great if you have an en-suite as well.. so thermostatic in one room and electric in another.. each to their own and takes nothing away from your first job..
i wasn't implying it was his fault dave, that's the customers choice, as he said he tried to persuade them to have one, i find them unsightly and they're not thermostatic so if someone turns the kitchen tap on you could get burnt .

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
North East
Hi George
Nice work, proves a point though with a good gounding of the correct methods that you can do an excellent job with little experience as all you have had is 9 days, like everyone said you will have learnt a lot from it, just makes the next one a bit easier, gets to the point where you eliminate past mistakes and things start going smoothly.
Keep up the good work

Regards
Darren
www.uktradestraining.co.uk

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 1st Job pics after 2 weeks NETT Course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just after a bit of advice please. I had my kitchen floor tiled last week (porcelain...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
1st Job pics after 2 weeks NETT Course
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.