Discuss 1st Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

russ1

TF
Hi DT,yes we were shown how to make a gauge but i prefer marking it out on the wall with the tile up,down and across and then i can see what cuts ive got once ive done my datum line,and its a rendered wall with thistle bonding and they want a coloured tile dotted around the bathroom do i just dot that around anywhere and also want a border what height do i put the border from the floor because the customer wont be there and thanks for the reply.

D

diamondtiling

You really need the customer to say where the border is going, if you put it where you think then they may disagree. Borders usually are cut into window reveals but some people like them over a tile and some like them on the sill. A tricky one IMO.
The finish on the walls only allows for 20kg in total weight, this includes adhesive and grout.

Broken Link Removed

What adhesive are you planning on using?

Last edited by a moderator:

russ1

TF
They are providing the adhesive and grout its a insurance job the whole house is being decorated ive just got to put the tiles on the wall it looks straight forward i think im just over worring as its my first job and at the course our instructer did say we wont find no probs getting work after we had finished,and his work was at a very high standard,i think if i had found work straight after i wouldnt be to nervous like you say its experiance and if you do something everyday it becomes second nature to you, but im worried im going to be to slow and the decorator is there and he said it wont take me that long and i cant say ive just done a tiling course because i will never get work.

Reply to 1st Job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

russ1

TF
Thread Information

Title
1st Job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.