Discuss 1st job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

russ1

TF
Hi everyone,got a job starting tuesday a bit nervous because its my first job its a bathroom,21m2 he wants a mosaic border around centre but cant get border until thursday can i tile from floor if floor is level and this will be my first time ive put a mosaic border up, i did not learn mosaic on my course which finished 3 months ago i cant mess this up because he may have more work for me i changed my career to do tiling having been made redundant in feb and ive come across as if ive been tiling years thats why im worring, any feed back would be appreciated.

russ1

TF
Hi Del,that i dont know thats why im worring and should i start at bath and work my way up to where border will be then work down assuming my setting out is right im starting to panic a bit it looks straight forward but as its my first job i need to be out with in 3-4 but i know im going to be to slow to make sure the job is done right because i havent got much experiance behind me just hope it goes ok for me.

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
Dont panic !.Setting out isnt difficult.You need to take some time with the customer on how they want it to look. Avoid small cuts where ever possible.If the bath wall is the biggest area start there.Tile up,put border in,tile above border.Where ever you start you have to think how the other areas will look because of your start point. Have a look in the gallery.

W

White Room

Dont panic !.Setting out isnt difficult.You need to take some time with the customer on how they want it to look. Avoid small cuts where ever possible.If the bath wall is the biggest area start there.Tile up,put border in,tile above border.Where ever you start you have to think how the other areas will look because of your start point. Have a look in the gallery.

Not with mosaic borders you don't, your'll be in right fuddle
1504-albums837-15233.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 1st job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

russ1

TF
Thread Information

Title
1st job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.