UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss 1st post - Tanking why not in UK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jon E

Hi all, just thought to say a quick hello and ask for a point of view......Just started up my own part time business and have done a few showers and bathrooms although no where near as experienced as some of you guys....A quick thought on tanking, I am selling myself on the basis that I will not install a wet area without the use of a tanking kit, a wet paint on sytem with tape as a minimum standard. A few of my customers have looked at me as if I have come from another planet which makes me laugh when they are parting with their hard earned cash and you are trying to give them value for money with an installation that will hopefully last for years. Are most professional tilers aware that UK is one of the few places on the planet where building regs exist that do not insist on tanking for building regs?

All the best Jon

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I usually take my portfolio with me which not only shows the before and after shots of some of my work. But, i include the inbetween shots. So i can therefore point out say black mouldy areas, or images where tiles have not bonded etc. This will then lead on to conversation about prevention: "When we do the work on your bathroom, i will do................to prevent this".

As with any product, you gotta sell it to people.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 1st post - Tanking why not in UK in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
Tamworth based Instarmac Group plc are delighted to have been officially named as a ‘Great Place...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
Looking for a bit of advice re wetroom installation. I have completed a few wet rooms and have...
Replies
Views
C
Here's a little one we did earlier this year. All designed, supplied and installed by us. This...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
V
Thought I'd put up a thread with regards to a wetroom I'm fitting in my house. Had some great...
Replies
Views
lizzardtong
L

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.