Discuss 2 Slabs! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

raylincs

Hi All
I've just been to see a job, where the customer has had an extension built on a 1930's house. A new concrete slab has been laid (4 weeks ago), and joined to the old concrete one. The new has been done to building regs and has insulation under it. the old 1930 I doubt will have any insulation. The area 30ftx20ft open plan kitchen and then a small utility room. No underfloor heating.

The floor levels are way out! I was intending to chip out any mounds, prime with PVA (twice), and use SLC over the whole area, then use flex addy to fit the tiles.

Would you agree or do something else.

Thanks

Ray

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 2 Slabs! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had a small kitchen extension built a couple of years ago. The new sand and cement screed...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB