Discuss 2014 mini boom? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

Just a little bit of optimism for you here.

word on the street from the property developers and estate agent in merseyside and around the north west is, they are expecting a mini boom early 2014...site work ready to really kick off again big time which is also good news for the private/domestic trades because it will free up more work for them. ive been busy and i know a lot of other people have been too. maybe we are really going to kick on next year hey!

banks lending to businesses more freely
estate agents having recruitment drives
property developers ive been working for spending lots on renovations to existing properties
house prices continuing to rise..

all looks good hey ;o)

D

Deleted member 9966

Ed
one good key indicator is the number of mortgages being approved - both FTB and re-mortgages. If these numbers are on the rise, then the recovery is slowly coming too. and don't forget, those that may have decided not to move, may just well be interested in updating their current homes.

I have to say, the recession hasn't been as bad as I was expecting it to be, following the media hype. The UK did not grind to a halt and from where I'm sitting, there are jobs aplenty for those who want to work. yes, they might not be paying the level of pay people were used to previously but at least the jobs are there and the chance to earn money is still there. I think the recession has caused an adjustment shift to the economy, because of the high spending levels/borrowing of the early noughties, something had to pop eventually.

Now all we need to do is get rid of the fat cats from the energy companies and the politicians and then we'll be in a more realistic place.

:)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 2014 mini boom? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
For those of you that remember my post from a while back, what seems like an eternity ago. I...
Replies
Views
Protilers
P
I
Been speaking to a lot of different trades in my area and I have found a lot of guys have had to...
Replies
Views
IvegotsTILE
I
F
Hi guys/girls... Just a quick post to say hello as i think it rude not to, me being new here...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
Here is a little bit of what we go through on our course, As previously said your Tiling skills...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB