Currently reading:
Just saying hi and a little history...

Discuss Just saying hi and a little history... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fulabeer

Thanks folks...!
I'm always keen to learn and never assume i know everything.
I also believe in trying new things and love new tools.(three garages full and counting!)
I soon sort the wheat from the chafe, and quickly get rid of rubbish.

I don't have brand loyalty any more because the market changes to quickly these days.
Just because somebody "used" to make good tools doesn't always apply now.
With large companies buying each other out, you can never be sure who actually makes the things.

Although i think you can spend too little on something, i also think you can spend to much.
I try to judge how much i need to spend on my planned usage level.
I have various tools from nearly all the manufacturers.
For my high pressure washing side of the business i buy the best. i stick with Honda engines and Mosmatic Rotary machines.
I must admit that i still buy a lot of Dewalt gear. I know Makita and Bosch seem to flavour of the month for drills and the like, but i've had zero problems with Dewalt.
The same cannot be said of some Ryobi stuff i have bought. Complete and utter rubbish.
They may be cheap, but that is no excuse. I would rather buy Erbuer as they seem much better products.

I notice there is a lot of stuff coming through for tilers.
This is good news as people are expecting much higher quality work these days.
People used to just be happy to be able to afford floor to ceiling tiles.
These days, they demand perfection and it is up to us to provide it!

If anybody has a Dewalt D24000, please have a read of my other thread "D24000 hints/tips and accessories"...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Just saying hi and a little history... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.