Guest viewing is limited

Discuss 25m2, 300x300, porcelain sq edge tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

disco

This is a follow on from my last post.

located here

http://www.tilersforums.com/electric-underfloor-heating/34764-big-uf-tiling-insulation-question.html

So I lifted the old terracottas, levelled using slc (good enough for the insulation boards to be laid), laid the insulation board (10mm), laid the ufh mat (electric) and polymer slc'd over the ufh.

the floor is flat to a tolerance of 3-4mm BUT is definitely not level. I am in two minds as to whether or not to patch those areas with more slc OR to put a really thin coat over all of it again OR to make it up in adhesive? Your opinions are as allways valued

The total floor area is 25m2 over 3 rooms

The chosen tile is a 300x300 sq edge porcelain tile. The client doesnt mind either a 2mm or 4mm grout line. (4mm makes my life a little easier)

I was going to use a 12mm square notched trowel? (your opinions again)

I would like to try a leveling system my choices in order of preference are.

1.tls
2.rls
3.qep

Would anyone like to hire me their tls I would of course have to pay for the consumables (Im based in Oxford). A cheeky punt I know but nothing ventured nothing gained Rodney! Otherwise the TLS is out of the running (If I get on with the tls I will then buy the sytem and offer the hire of it to one other person who is also considering buying it) OR is anyone selling a TLS?

2. rls Im going to enquire at the merchants on monday as to the cost I suspect it will be expensive though

3. QEP - Undecided yet - in the UK the reviews aren't brilliant - In the US they are much much better.

4. And yes I could lay them as I have all of my other floors Id just like to try the leveling systems for myself and make my own informed decision and also post my thoughts forothers to read

I would like to try a levelling system

IM NOT SHOUTING BUT A REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION IS - CAN THE LEVELLING SYSTEMS BE USED WITH UFH? 200w not 150w?

###Dave Neave#### - Would you send me a single Lash clip so I can see them for myself - I will be buying them from you if I decide to use the system.

All your opinions are appreciated.

Any questions just ask

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tfs

Hi mate,

I havent read your other post but in ref to the floor being out of level; I would say that it is more essential that the tiles are laid flat rather than the floor 100% level. Some guys may disagree with me on this but, if you build up at one side there may be a big height increase especialt at door opening etc. For this reason I feel that in some cases it is acceptable to have a slight discrepancy in the floor levels (within reason) as long as it is flat.

You will be in a better position to decide wheter or not this is viable.

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tfs

Hi mate, when you reffer to tls, rls and qep levelling sytems do you mean the little adjustable clips?

If so, I personally wouldnt bother with them as they shouldnt realy be needed if you have already prepared your surface.

If you have some areas were there are dips in the floor then you can patch fill these with some adhesive/ repair compound and a straight edge, idealy this would have been done before laying your electric mats.

:thumbsup:

Reply to 25m2, 300x300, porcelain sq edge tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
25m2, 300x300, porcelain sq edge tile
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.