Discuss 3 Days As a Non Smoker! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

I quit ciggies on Sept 11 2001 whilst in America, Las Vegas, in a different life :)

I did continue to smoke cigars for a year or so and then quit them.

I'd also tried a number of times before to quit and failed, even after a year or so, but the last time was different. I wanted to stop rather than thinking I should stop.

I used to smoke Camel filters, about 40 a day whilst in the UK and Lucky Strikes when I was in the States.

12 years on I don't miss ciggies at all, in fact there's no worse non smoker than an ex smoker.

I do miss cigars though and I could nip the end of a Montecristo No5 right now and have a good toke.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
yep, quit yesterday, so early days still, you could say were in the same boat, we could become virtual quit buddies ..lol

im sticking a nicotine patch on in the mornings to help with the cravings, I find the habbit of smoking harder to quit, theres certain times of the days I would have a ***, on the way to work, waiting for adhesive to dry, after a coffee, so trying to keep myself busy...

what are theses E-cigs all about..?

i packed em in about five years ago now ,cold turkey,i was going through roughly 60 a day,spent more time making exuses up to miself to go to the van for something to have a smoke ,keep with it ,i started to put the money for the **** away in a jar and whatch it soon mount up,then you can treatyourself or family to something nice ,also you fix more tiles with not having to keep nippin out, so make more money,good luck its not easy, but you can do it:thumbsup:

M

Mr Tiler

yep, quit yesterday, so early days still, you could say were in the same boat, we could become virtual quit buddies ..lol

im sticking a nicotine patch on in the mornings to help with the cravings, I find the habbit of smoking harder to quit, theres certain times of the days I would have a ***, on the way to work, waiting for adhesive to dry, after a coffee, so trying to keep myself busy...

there good and sold for about 30 on the markets. a complete substitute for smoking even feels like your smoking but is vapour.

A

AMtek

Quit buddies, I like that haha. I've got an e cig, actually got 2, 1 on charge while I use the other. I'm actually finding it really to use it instead of smoking they do feel a lot like smoking but without all the other crap that goes with the nicotine.

Like juliansidney says though I will just end up hooked on the e cig but would rather that than stay on the ****!

I never spent a lot on ****, I smoked rollies so it cost me about 2 quid a day. My main motivation is my other half, she's a none smoker and hates the way I smell after I've had a ***

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Im on the patches and I must say they really help with the cravings, hardly thought about it today, my wife smokes, and like you the money wasn't an issue as I smoked rollies, mines more for health reasons, was feeling a bit tight in the chest, after a visit to the docs and some test turns out I could have angina.....big wake up call to start leading a more healthy life stile...

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
today is day is 10 for me and still not had one even after I broke my phone, have a customer tell me he can't afford to pay me for another week and then the transit spat the fan belt off on the way home, all in one day! How it going for you andy allen?

day 8 for me, still not had one, found it really hard on the weekend when I had a few beers, but managed to get through it, still put a patch on in the morning to help with the cravings, deffo need to be in the right frame of mind to quit.......it sure ain't easy...!!!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I'd tried a lot and gone back to the **** but the e cigs really are good. When I tried to quit in the past the thing I really missed was taking a good lung full of smoke and blowing I tout but you can do that with e cigs, the only difference is that they don't have all the other toxic stuff in them

where did you get the E-cigs from?

Reply to 3 Days As a Non Smoker! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
I'm embarking on tiling a kitchen, wall-to-wall (under washing machine etc). most of the floor...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB