Discuss 3 way help please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

gobby

Hi, got three 3 way tile trim points, a window and a boxing, both very visible. White 9mm homelux trade pack trim but doesn't seem like a proper quadrant, tried there 6mm trimquad corners as don't do 9mm and others are massive heads. Doesn't really look the ticket and these trims don't lend themselves to 3 way cutting as not full quad. Onsite and frustrated using tablet to post, what to do? What are best trims for 3 way joins? Tiles are 400x250marfils, 8mm thick. What trims should I get, only got Topps tiles locally I think, I could buy other trims tomorrow, what is the popular solution here? Tied myself in a mental knot I think! Mark.

G

gobby

Are Genesis full and nicely shaped quadrant then and the corners a good fit?
Would L shape trims be simpler I wonder. I'd rather not mitre anything in this instance and don't want square box ends.
Looked at metals but blimey they can be costly and again I still don't know if they are any better for a three way join.
I'll either have a long drive to somewhere look and see something or order in blind probably. Topps locally haven't a huge range and are a bit pricey too.
Internetting tonight for a look about!

Q

Qwerty

Some rounded trims have a slightly offset radius making the 3 way mitre impossible to achieve a neat finish unless preformed corner insert is used. However, the correct trim cut well on a mitre can result in fantastic 3 way mitres!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393965252.236665.jpg

G

gobby

You mean Genesis plastic trims I'm assuming. Hmm, maybe the trade 10 pack of Homelux I got are a different profile to the other Homelux single sold trims, I picked this packet up with a Tradepoint card from local B&Q so I had a bunch of them handy, I could have a go at 3 way mitre with them but might also ring around see if anyone in Oxfordshire stocks the Genesis brand. Only need couple lengths.

G

gobby

I found a local Genesis trim supplier and went for white straight edge trims, £5 a pop mind. I did a two way mitre on top and butt joined for the third. Simpler cleaner easier than mitres or quadrants I think. They did have some quadrants in a small pot which they said hardly anyone asked for, I did pause to consider it but decided against them this time. Other suppliers I called also said they didn't stock them, guessing they aren't a popular choice around here.
Mark

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 3 way help please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
We have just had under our kitchen cabinets tiled with Montacarlo split face tiles. The tiler...
Replies
Views
I
O
I’ve been set a task at college that I would like some help with please? The aim of the task is...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
S
Hi guys I'm going to try to tile my bathroom. On the pictures you will see two old window...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
R
hi there I'm not a tiler but my partner is (24 years in the trade). My partner has recently...
Replies
Views
B
Evening all, My first post here so please be gentle with me!;) I'm redoing the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
B

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB