Discuss Old Codger Plumber Needs Help Tiling:-) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

p4ulo

Don't forget to prime the walls before tiling.
If they are a bit too lumpy for you to get the tiles flat easily, you could always get the walls skimmed?
Piece of cake then....
As above, tanking in shower area (BAL do a decent priced full kit too), and Concrete boards for your other jobs. Depending on how your joinery skills are, you could make 2 thick shelves from concrete boards too which you could fully tile (Hardibacker is good for this).
Good luck, keep the questions and pictures coming.

W

White Room

No Dan although I ran my own Plumbing and heating business 35 years ago. I then after 8 years started a construction firm and then had to retire 7 years ago so I've been out of the plumbing day to day loop for decades. All this plastic pipe instead of copper makes me nervous :). An old dinosaur from the old days....LOL

I wonder with the push fits how long before the rubber washers breakdown and there's leaks.

Reply to Old Codger Plumber Needs Help Tiling:-) in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Old Codger Plumber Needs Help Tiling:-)
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond