Discuss 365drills saves the day!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

fulabeer

As per title...

I bought a bathroom suite for a customer before Christmas, but have only just been able to get around to fitting it.
I had just fitted the toilet, when i noticed the hole for fixing the seat was mis-cast.

IMG_0550.jpg

The mis-shaped hole wouldn't allow the bracket to fit through.

IMG_0552.jpg

It would have been a real pain to have to take the toilet back out, then try and get a replacement item.
Since i have had the suite for some time, i'm not sure were i would stand getting a replacement any way.
I suppose because it was a mis-cast, i would have a strong case.

ANYWAY!

I suddenly remembered my 365 drills.

IMG_0553.jpg

It took less than a minute to set up and re-drill the hole.

IMG_0554.jpg

As you can see, the bracket now fits through the hole, and i could finish the job.

IMG_0555.jpg

Job done...

IMG_0557.jpg

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

No problems!

Its funny but while we are on the subject of client recommendations for our product... I just come back from "Chris Stevens" a contact made
as a direct result of word of mouth recommendation from an installer like yourself.

Who the hell is "Chris Stevens..." I was asking myself a week ago.

He or rather "they" are one of Londons biggest indepedant bathroom and plumbing suppliers.

One of our online customers had bought a set. Was drinking in the pub with the right person. Told him about us and they called us in.
Our first order from them is for 60 kits. They recon if it goes well they can shift loads more. This comes about as a direct result of feedback from installers like yourself.

My theory is that if we solve the pain for you. Make your work quicker and easier. And cheaper. Then we will eventually get the rewards (rewards being retail steady sales).

Its funny but this sort of thing is coming about at the exact time when big hitters like FOCUS have filed for backrupty (it went into administration on May 5th 2011 - last week)
and yet we set our sights high on these types of retail outlets as proof we have "made it" in the world.

But it seems the slow and steady route via independants, and online is a sure footed way to provide the tools you need.

Sources: Focus in administration

Who is Chris Stevens:
10457070.jpg

545-561 Holloway Road, Archway London, N19 4BT:
Many thanks to RAY 020 7272 9457

[video=youtube;PpZVa5I0blA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpZVa5I0blA[/video]

Toilet talk.... How to drill holes in toilets (the ever exciting video) !!

D

Deleted member 1779

Glad it worked out! Yes we get a lot of nervous callers.

In fact this week we had
Teresa Kane

http://www.thebathbusiness.co.uk

Call us up. She has an old ART-DECO sink just in worth £2000 that needs four holes drilling (i kid you not!!) and would we do it?

Our day rate to come to site is £200 into London and £3 a hole. Sounds crazy to pay £212 for four holes but they are willing.

I was even at pains to point out that a simple kit (£30 to £50) is all they need and a slow speed. But they just want to get it done.

Ahhh well. Day out I suppose!

Reply to 365drills saves the day!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
Just had following work done: downstairs toilet - replaced toilet and sink and tiled the floor...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
365drills saves the day!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.