Discuss 5mm stone tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I usually make up my floor mosaics using 10mm thick marble tiles (10mm x 10mm x 10mm) but I am wondering about using the 5mm tiles (10mm x 10mm x 5mm). I've not sorted out the addy to use yet but does anyone think this would be too thin?

I'd be mainly looking at normal household foot traffic, I can't think it would be a problem if they were properly set with no spaces underneath but I thought I'd just ask here.

Thanks for that, I see what you mean G. about the ceramic tiles.
Dave, I cut 12mm thick tiles into rods about 10mm width and then turn them on their side and run them through again getting 2 x 5mm strips. Sometimes I have to use 10mm and lose half but I've found that colours such as Verde guatamala the 3mm strip is intact which is a pity as I haven't got any use for it so they just get chucked.
The cuts aren't too bad considering I'm using a £100 Plasplugs wet saw!

U

user123

Thanks for that, I see what you mean G. about the ceramic tiles.
Dave, I cut 12mm thick tiles into rods about 10mm width and then turn them on their side and run them through again getting 2 x 5mm strips. Sometimes I have to use 10mm and lose half but I've found that colours such as Verde guatamala the 3mm strip is intact which is a pity as I haven't got any use for it so they just get chucked.
The cuts aren't too bad considering I'm using a £100 Plasplugs wet saw!

They get chucked!!! Lawrence, chuck them in my direction! Most the glass I work with is 3mm, good grief, arrgh.....!don't chuck stuff I could use creatively!! We need to talk...seriously. Call me.

Reply to 5mm stone tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom

Thread Information

Title
5mm stone tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.