Discuss 60mts porc pricing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,

Lost a bigish job this weekend and the client told me my pricing was enormous and ridiculous and I need to seriously take a look at my business model or I'll be unemployed very quickly!!! Never had feedback like that before (has ****ed me off a bit. Bloody rude to be like that if you ask me). Thought I was in the mix with pricing so thought I'd check and see if my prices are out or if someone has joke priced to get it.
Job details below...

60mt floor. 42mt one room, 10mt and 8mt.
Tiles are stone looking porc. Distressed edge. 4 tile pattern - very large pattern.
Wonky/bumpy screed so slc to pretty much whole area.
Damp/fresh screed with ufh so ditra as well.

What would you guys be charging? Total job or break it down please. Either inc materials or labour only.

I'll post my price in a bit (don't want to look ridiculous!! haha)

Cheers

Right job was in Reigate Surrey.

My price was £35 mt fitting inc materials and £20 mt Ditra + slc so £3300 and to my mind I should have got easily.

Clients price was £2200 all in.

I

Ian

Right job was in Reigate Surrey.

My price was £35 mt fitting inc materials and £20 mt Ditra + slc so £3300 and to my mind I should have got easily.

Clients price was £2200 all in.

Well I think that's fair enough. £2200 will still make a good wage but, it's essentially £20 per m fitting, and that is too low for opus patten porcelain IMO, especially if the small square needs trimming.

Forgot to mention I was recommended by the tile shop and could show 10+ jobs of the same tile/area/pattern all local with happy clients. They could even go and see some of the jobs if needed.

In my area I know I'm pricing competitively as know most of my competition really well - we are all mates and help each other out when needed, I do a lot work for local builders and private clients. If I was working for these builders they'd have put 20% on top and still get the job.

£2200 is a hell of a lot different. I couldn't lose £1100 off the job and make it pay. I would literally lose money against other jobs I'd be losing for that week.

Maybe I'm greedy or maybe I'm lucky and I've got too much higher paying work on. I dunno. I'd have dropped a bit if pushed - maybe £200/£300 - but not £1100.

Last edited:
J

jonnyc

Forgot to mention I was recommended by the tile shop and could show 10+ jobs of the same tile/area/pattern all local with happy clients. They could even go and see some of the jobs if needed.

In my area I know I'm pricing competitively as know most of my competition really well - we are all mates and help each other out when needed, I do a lot work for local builders and private clients. If I was working for these builders they'd have put 20% on top and still get

£2200 is a hell of a lot different. I couldn't lose £1100 off the job and make it pay. I would literally lose money against other jobs I'd be losing for that week.

Maybe I'm greedy or maybe I'm lucky and I've got too much higher paying work on. I dunno. I'd have dropped a bit if pushed - maybe £200/£300 - but not £1100.
i live pretty close to reigate
so it must be you who is undercutting me !!

i live pretty close to reigate
so it must be you who is undercutting me !!

Seeing some of your high end projects Johnny I wish I could steal some of them!! All look like lovely jobs to work on and I bet theres top money in them too. You know the market we are working in and the Surrey prices so to speak. I was shocked to lose out

Reply to 60mts porc pricing in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
C
Good Evening Ladies & Gents! Hope your all well and won’t mind me picking your brains, I’ll...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB