Discuss 6mm insulation board under hardierbacker for UFH? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi - This is my first post so i should start by saying thanks for all the info i have got from this site in the past years.

I have bought electric UFH mats along with 6mm insulation boards.

I am looking to tile my 4m bathroom floor which has t&g wooden floor. I will screw this down but looking for advice on how to build up the layers to the tiles.

I was thinking Flexible tile adhesive to bed insulation boards then tile adhesive again to bed 6mm hardiebacker board and screw threw both into the floorboards.

Then attache the UFH mat to the HBB and layer more flexible tile adhesive to tile on top.

I don't want to build up the height and trying to avoid pulling up all the existing floorboards to replace with ply.

will this be a suitable build up for floorboards/ UFH and tiles

Cheers

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 6mm insulation board under hardierbacker for UFH? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

bristol

Thread Information

Title
6mm insulation board under hardierbacker for UFH?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond