Discuss 6mm Ply in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I have done a lot of work for a pub and hotel chain I would say the last 14 years all there toilets and bathrooms walls and floors get plyed, over the years I have tried to educate them that the way to go now is cement board but do they listen no.Even tell them that theres not much difference in price but the owner listens to the carpenters and sticks to ply the times I have been back and chopped tiles out where the ply has moved on the studs and hair line cracks appear and internal corners opening up,Ive told him time and again it cost him more in the long run it was only in the last couple of years that he agreed to have the showers tanked, it takes a lot to change peoples ways,cannot refuse to do the work as it has kept me going for some time, but always have my say before I start a new job for them ,they all say that I dont stop moaning.

A

AMtek

Just finished subbing for a bathroom company because they wanted me to dot and dab 600x300 ceramics onto lath and plaster with bal grip, no tanking in wet areas. Outright refused unless I could reboard with hardy and use bagged addy. This was after the gaffer watched me cut a key hole slot in a WC vanity by eye inside the boarders of the pan then complained that it didn't look very neat. he's a plumber so plumbing had to be perfect but the tiling? as long as it looked good enough he didn't care that it was wrong. Turned away 3 bathroom refurbs because they offered regular work, now im sitting and waiting for the phone to ring again

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 6mm Ply in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB