Discuss 70m2 floating chipboard floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

Agree with Stef here. if the movement is too much and you cant get screws in it to tighten it up then just leave it alone (or try and price for taking it up and sticking some joist/noggins in) if the bounce is not much then screw in the corners of each chipboard, there should be some nails there that you can screw next too and anywhere else you can find to tighten it up. Prime it up, and use Ditra matting or no more ply backer sheets and you should be fine. I done exactly this using the no more ply sheets three years ago on 60m2 floating chipboard floor, was back there in Jan this year to do her bathroom and it still looks good and with no problems. good luck

T

TJ Smiler

PS I always thought that the no-more-ply sheets were a gimmick but after lengthy conversations with Nicobonds techy department i decided to give it a go and it is a very good product, slightly awkward to use cos they have the peel off backs to them but once they are stuck down they are really stuck down!! Little tip, set your floor out as your going to tile it then stick down your sheets so the edges run in line with your chalk line then just simply use the edge of the sheet as your line to follow.

M

Mr Tiler

PS I always thought that the no-more-ply sheets were a gimmick but after lengthy conversations with Nicobonds techy department i decided to give it a go and it is a very good product, slightly awkward to use cos they have the peel off backs to them but once they are stuck down they are really stuck down!! Little tip, set your floor out as your going to tile it then stick down your sheets so the edges run in line with your chalk line then just simply use the edge of the sheet as your line to follow.
what a great tip mate thanks

W

White Room

Lifting the floor, shifting it,skiping it,cleaning it, sealing it, then laying it, come on whitebeam even you know its not just bloody dumping it and layinig it on a job like this, jesus, what is it jyst gonna be £800 ? Ffs

Be fair I was just talking of the laying down not removing the boards etc, if they needed to the insulation could be over screeded but on the calculation I worked on was 70mm screed.

A day to remove if needed for a couple of guys.

T

TJ Smiler

I'm not too sure but i'm guessing he may be thinking of anchour bolting it, if he does then i'm pretty sure it will leave the end of the bolt and washer etc protruding through the surface....... Erm so may then need to get over these somehow.

Like i say i aint too sure but a few of the builders i have met say they are going to Hilti fix something but they actually end up anchour bolting it. Might wanna ask them exactly how there gonna do it mate

Reply to 70m2 floating chipboard floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
How would you go about tiling a floor and or wall that's massively out of plumb ? When things...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB