Discuss 8000 posts for the gobby one.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I thought mosaics is where it started.....

yes, :) that's true, but you guys work really hard, I've done tiling, yes, and did the course and all that, am sure I will use my tools again, but just the thought of lugging boxes of tiles upstairs and tools and cutting round low awkward places at the back of toilets etc... urrghhh, I am just agog at it all. As said to me just a few days back, how few people appreciate what tilers do, they think you just buy yourself a tile cutter and off you go, and there is so much more to it... one of those vastly underrated professions where you need talent, skill born of experience, an eye for detail, being thorough, having considerable aesthetic sense, need physical strength, people skills, know your way round god knows how many adhesives and grouts and sealers and the list just goes on and on.... The whole DIY approach is, in retrospect, having seen both sides, utterly laughable now. Good to be part of a forum, the only forum I am into, that provides some balance to all that ignorance :)

U

user123

Im sorry I missed this thread, so here goes, Gisele, you have a great talent, your thoughtful, kind, have a great sense of humour, honest and decent, have a sunny outlook on life, now lend me £50.00 Ive got a lusting to go down to the off-licence!

Well done Gisele my mate.

Pebbs

50 quid?? What you want - Champagne?? 50 quid will get you some way towards Scarborough where I can give you free occupational therapy in my garden. Bring your weeding gloves and knee pads. You'll be drunk with achievement, sea air and my inventive cooking. Appletizer on ice. That's IT! But thanks, you're all those things, too, just have more balls than me. Mine are more of the softly softly catchy monkey type.. :) Luxury of time and space...

Reply to 8000 posts for the gobby one.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
HI, Walls are prepped, have the right materials and tools, but still debating the layout on...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
8000 posts for the gobby one..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.