UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss 800x800 marble tiles no spacer joints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shaunthetiler

hi all
am after a bit of advise please i've been asked to price a job laying 800x800 marble tiles over a 160m2 area dimound style i've done jobs of this scale before so not too worried about that but the customer as asked me to lay them leaving no grout joints normally i would put an expansion joints in every 5LM (concrete sub floor) i know high class hotels oversea sometimes leave out the grout joints .my question is can this be done also if so is there any need for expansion joints ?

Thanks shaun

S

shaunthetiler

hi i only have a pic so far marble tiles.jpg

H

hillhead

I laid slabs of 2.3m x1.3m x 20mm thick marble on a stunning job a few months ago with no joints between slabs but a rojo red marble border 4" out from skirtings position where i left 2mm joints and 30mm expansion where a 45mm skirting covered.
Any gaps between slabs ie off size or square) got resin filled and polished a week or so i believe.
Try for some expansion somewhere, hard when on 45 though but achievable.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 800x800 marble tiles no spacer joints in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys! I am doing my first ever bathroom project and am after some advice from you true...
Replies
Views
Adam Heron
A
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.