Discuss 9/11 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

We never knew anything about it not having listened to the radio or watched TV on that day, until we did a T'ai Chi class in the evening and people were in shock. We got back, somehow expecting it was all a bit exaggerated - and found it was not... I am struggling to decide if all the coverage about it is not, inadvertently of course, a kind of handy advertising for extremists, though, really not sure about this..

S

Stewart

My wife and had just landed at Glasgow airport from Mexico, around ten minutes after the second plane hit We didn't really know untill we were in the car home, but it did explain why the stewardesses on the plane had been crying....

Truly was a sad day for mankind, as the unfolding events have resulted in tens of thousands of deaths that could possibly have been avoided, had it not been for the extremist actions of a few........

Created on iPhone.....

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I was working in Topps Shrewsbury. Heard it on ToppsFM. I froze a bit, customer looked at me weird, I said 'did you hear that then? One of the twin towers has had a plane crash in it' they started giggling waiting for a punch line. Then realised I was being genuine.

Was a sunny day if I remember rightly. Had a BAL order of about 4 tonne and Apolo white tiles to put away and just couldn't. Wanted to get to a TV to see it for myself.

D

davemul

The company I work for lost all their US staff (680) as they were based in the twin towers

We have a charity day every year where celebs come in to the building and talk / trade with our clients on the phone.

This year Prince harry will be there as well as all the usuals

its tomorrow and all our comms on that day we donate

hopefully will have a busy day tomorrow, wish me luck!

This was last year.. me and christopher biggins.. he wouldnt leave me alone!

3cb79d6d.jpg

c7dae64e.jpg

47315985.jpg

D

Deleted member 9966

i was at work, opening savings accounts for natwest customers. i remember a colleague from a differemt department coming to the vending machines by my desk and telling me and my boss. my boss then shot down to the kitchen/canteen to catch the news on the tv. he saw the second plane hit on the live news feed being broadcast. i finished work and just spent the rest of the night watching the news. it was definitely a day that changed the world.

S

Spud

I was doing a tiling job at Michael John's hairdressers in Mayfair they had TV's on and I watched it there, went out to buy a coffee and found a brand new fuji digital camera in a leather camera case so I was happy to find such a nice camera but truly gutted to see what was happening T.V,I couldnt believe what was happening and was shocked when the 1st tower collapsed , its terrible what human beings are capable of doing to one another

W

White Room

I was doing a load of dry linning in million pound house and was on my own that day and allways listen to my radio, for some reason I did'nt switch it on or the batteries had run out...did'nt find out until 4 PM until the guy who lived there came home and started talking about it, did'nt have a clue what he was on about.
Switched his tv on and it was total shock, the other halfs company she worked for had offices in the towers as well..

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

at work when i heard never seen such a bunch of lads go so quiet in the van. watchin the anniversary today in shock. 200 people jumped from the towers, i hope to god they didnt feel a thing such fear to make you leap to certain death. Hope to god i never have to make that decision.

You make a good point about people jumping from the buildings, two French guys were doing a film about NY fireman and were there on the day to witness the horrors and one thing that stands out you could here the sound of bodies hitting like a canopy around the lower part of the building, sickening...proves how desperate things were..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 9/11 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
W
I will be doing full bathroom renovation, and the plan is to build a walk in shower due to the...
Replies
Views
Paul Bleasdale
P
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
We stopped the tilersforums.com Job Of The Month Competition a while back because it was quite a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
9/11
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.