Discuss A couple of benders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

shocking how many benders are around these days with tiles getting bigger ,here are some plank effect porcelain tiles 900 x 150 from a factory called ariostea
please feel free to post pictures of benders that you have been asked to lay :smilewinkgrin:

Attachments

• 20130615_135436 (1280x960).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20130615_135533 (1280x960).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 20130615_135527 (1280x960).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 20130615_135517 (1280x960).jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 84
J

jonnyc

i saw a job yesterday where client going to buy 800 x 400 tiles called future stone. apparently it has a bit of porcelain in it but called a stoneware tile from italy.
anyone come across this.
my first question to supplier was if it comes bowed as client wants brickbond and i was advised that this was not an issue with this product and it is stainproof without needing sealer.
nice looking tile i have to say.
anyone come across this before.
regarding gary post above i wish i had a photo of a saudi arabian sandstone that i fitted in mark wilkinson and smallbone showrooms some years ago.
they were planks ranging from 1200 to 2000. 20 mm thick and 180mm wide and called wenge boards.
linear markings like wood boards.
in fact i think that this may be the product that porcelain manufacturers have since copied in recent years .
I did these floors about 6 years ago.
you could not lift the pieces flat face up or down as they just broke in half and if you held them on end and gave them a waggle you could get 150mm of movement at end of board no problem.
loads of fixers had a go in showrooms in uk and usa with some horrendous results.
i worked out we needed to use fast set only and had to put weights on each piece as we laid them and leave till set as they curled massively when drying out.
I have never used these lash clips but if ever there was a valid case for them it would be for the saudi wenge board.
the joke was that none of the showrooms ever sold one of these floors before wilkinson and smallbone went bust but they still sit in the showrooms and both kitchen companies do not sell stone any more.
waste of time!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A couple of benders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
G
evening all i had to buy myself a new dry cutter and having only ever used rubi and ill be...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
O
    • Winner
So after spending the day with Derek @Sigma UK Using the full Kera Lift system, I decided sooner...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
D
Evening all, i'm about to start my first tiling project and thought i'd share it on here an see...
Replies
Views
dantheram
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB