Discuss A little help please?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nick Briggs

Hello every one, got a slight issue and hope someone can put me in the rite direction... I've recently had my conservatory tiled with porcelain tiles and have recessed floor lights.. My tiler cut the holes at 90mm diameter as instructed by my electrical wholesaler. Only when it come to fitting my lights they are 93mm diameter. Is there a tool to open the holes up slightly without damaging them??

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Here's a tip. I've done this for years. Even learnt @3_fall.

Cut MDF using the size of the core drill you want. Then use that as a guide over the hole, it'll stop you going off.

If you hadn't already fixed the tile I'd tell you about the sponge and foot method for keeping the core cool but it wouldn't be of use to you now.

O

Old Mod

Hello every one, got a slight issue and hope someone can put me in the rite direction... I've recently had my conservatory tiled with porcelain tiles and have recessed floor lights.. My tiler cut the holes at 90mm diameter as instructed by my electrical wholesaler. Only when it come to fitting my lights they are 93mm diameter. Is there a tool to open the holes up slightly without damaging them??

Still struggling to find the bit I have, but u can get router bits that will do the same thing and look similar to what I have.

image.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A little help please?? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
K
Please help BQ Sicily beige tiles Hi, I'm looking for someone who has about a dozen of these...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
K
BQ Sicily beige tilesHi, I'm looking for someone who has about a dozen of these tiles left over...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
M
HI - Need Ive recently had 12mmx600x600m white polished quartz tiles laid in my kitchen. My...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
C
Hi, I'm a building contractor based in South East London. A bathroom that we recently...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB